Not able to click anything with the mouse on EQ load up

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Vanniek
Non-Subscriber

Not able to click anything with the mouse on EQ load up

Post by Vanniek » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:03 pm

I have windows ME (sorry) and I am trying to use Win EQ. I get the patcher to run, but when the Eula comes up, the mouse is visible, but I cannot click the accept option, or anything for that matter with it. Any ideas?? i have tried messing around with it for a few hours, but cannot get it to work. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix it.

Thanks

stalker331
Non-Subscriber

Post by stalker331 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:09 am

See this topic http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&start=15, you're not the only one. But doesn't sound like Lax is going to fix it, so I think we're screwed...

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:18 pm

Yeah thats exactly what I said, i said "I'm not going to fix it, you guys are so screwed".

Is this only with Windows ME?

stalker331
Non-Subscriber

Post by stalker331 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:08 am

Didn't mean to sound rough Lax :(
Most that seem to experience it - from what I see in these threads - have ME, though I'm on 98SE.

Zinastik
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Zinastik » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:29 pm

As I said in another thread - my computer that I am having this problem is Windows ME... for kicks, I loaded WinEQ 1 on my laptop that has WinXP and no problems at all.

A fix to this would be awesome, but I realize it takes time and it's probably difficult to pinpoint the exact cause.

razorzx
Non-Subscriber

Post by razorzx » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:38 am

I'm new to wineq and the lavish site. was bored last night and signed up and installed both eqplaynice and wineq. I'm running winME on a AMD 1.8ghz 1gb ram with ATI9600 256mb card.
I get similar problems as described in this post. start eq in default or a profile and it starts no problem. Mouse is visible (with eq cursor), I can move mouse around but I can not click anything.
I can keyboard my way completely into game but mouse is not usable in game at any stage. When I'm in game cursor disappears and I can right click steer/turn around but cursor is invisible. buttons and windows react to the cursor passing over them but I can not see it.
This morning I did have an unusual occurance. Last night I could take the cursor off of the EQ window and click the taskbar. I could also manually release the mouse (scroll lock) and see my mouse over EQ. But this morning twice I lost my mouse all together. I camped out and found that at my desktop I had no mouse at all in windows now. I had to ctrl+esc to shutdown/restart to get it back.

Reading through the posts it looks like me and 2 other people are "so screwed". Maybe I'll check back in another 2 months and see if 1.x is gone or if the problem has been resolved.. and I was really looking forward to some of the pro features.

g-day

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:23 am

Not sure what to tell you. Windows ME is a legacy product, and WinEQ 1.38 is a legacy product. In fact, in a couple months, Windows ME will be completely unsupported by Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/default.asp
End of support for Windows 98 and Windows Me
Effective July 11, 2006, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me (and their related components) will transition to a non-supported status. After this date, Microsoft will no longer provide any incident support options or security updates. Microsoft is not offering a custom support agreement for these products.
While I am sympathetic, I believe that others are using WinEQ 1.38 without a problem, and as this affects far less than 1% of our users, I simply cant spend valuable time on WinEQ 1.x for 1 to 5 people when I absolutely have to fix problems that affect the order of thousands. The simple fact is that almost nobody is still running Windows 98 or ME that plays the supported games. I would be losing money to fix this problem for you, because I would not be able to recoup the time spent with subscriptions and it is a legacy product. I'm sorry :(

razorzx
Non-Subscriber

Post by razorzx » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:09 pm

I already knew this would be your response...

have a good weekend