EQPlayNice/WinEQ is unable to load at this time...

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Neoslows
Non-Subscriber

EQPlayNice/WinEQ is unable to load at this time...

Post by Neoslows » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:53 am

EQPlayNice is unable to load at this time (-16). Please try again later.
WinEQ is unable to load at this time (-16). Please try again later.

I can get 1 profile to work, but not the 2nd. :(

After I get 1 profile up, I get the unable to initialize message at this time right in the center of my screen. If I click ok, it shuts down EQ entirely.

I think i'm on the right track, but can't quit seem to completely install this, any suggestions anyone pls?

Aznar
Non-Subscriber

Post by Aznar » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:20 pm

I'm getting something like this but I think its "Can not autorize at this time please close and try again -13 or -14"

On top of that all computers on that router cannot access the website...

Eryi
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Eryi » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:22 am

Aznar wrote:I'm getting something like this but I think its "Can not autorize at this time please close and try again -13 or -14"

On top of that all computers on that router cannot access the website...
Same here.. I us InSightBB (Part
of the ATT Network) and cannot
access the website or can access it very very slowly. I'm currently posting this via my Redhat box/Lynx that sits on RoadRunner's network, and seems to be the only way I can actually get TO the website. Forgive the formatting ;c)

Previous post for the Error -16, Need to ReAuth and Restart were told to update their EQPN, however I do not run EQPN.

If the Software is trying to authenticate to the Forum Database (which is sounds like it is) then not being able to reach the website would produce such results.

Suggestion for 2.0 Lax would be to have it authenticate for the "Members only" stuff, because as it stands right now, if the website/database goes down, no one will be able to play using WinEQ at all.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:39 pm

http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=948

It has nothing to do with our site at all, and our site is in very good condition.

If there's a routing problem between you and EverQuest, you also cannot play the game. It's not really their fault if it happens, and they're not going to be convinced that they should change their methods so that if the internet goes down everything still works.

Say you live on a dead end, no outlet road, with a lot of other people. Very close to the main road you connect to, there's a major accident and emergency crews are surrounding the area. There's absolutely no way for you to drive through to get to the store, or to work, etc., but you can walk. Should you a) blame the road commission for not building another route to the main roads, b) blame the accident, c) blame the emergency crews because you would be able to get around the accident, or d) blame the store and work because you cannot drive there? Obviously, your work and the store should have contingency plans for you when your driving route is blocked and you have to walk, right? :)

I suggest doing a traceroute as shown in the other post. To do this under Windows XP, you must get to the command prompt (start->All programs->Accessories->Command Prompt) and in the box that pops up, type "tracert lavishsoft.com".

As best the server host and I been able to tell so far, Comcast and/or att.net (they share) is doing something weird with routing. People are getting different routes to our site from an identical point in the network, and one of the routes has problems.