No icon in lower right corner

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

SimpleMynd
Non-Subscriber

No icon in lower right corner

Post by SimpleMynd » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:14 am

Lax,

After installing the lite version of WinEQ and starting it using the desktop icon, I don't get any new icons in my system tray. I DO see the WinEQ.exe process running though. (I also get the same results starting directly the exe in the C:\Program Files\WinEQ folder as well.)

I also have a friend who experienced this same phenomenon today after running fine for the last several weeks.

About the only thing in common between the 2 machines is XP.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

-SimpleMynd

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:20 am

It's entirely possible that its trying to patch. Right now the progress window is broken in Windows XP (but works in windows 98/ME, how bout that), so if you're on a slow connection it may take a few minutes to show up. That's the best explanation I can think of, but may not be the case. If you continue to have problems you may wish to hold out for WinEQ 2.0 which will probably be available to non-subscribers by next week. Sorry for the troubles you are having

SimpleMynd
Non-Subscriber

Post by SimpleMynd » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I doubt it's the connection speed. I'm at the office on a T1 (but the firewall is very likely blocking it), and my friend is on a cable modem at home where he's worked fine for the last few weeks.

Oh well, dems the breaks on free software! :) Looking forward to v2 though!

-SimpleMynd

SimpleMynd
Non-Subscriber

Final update

Post by SimpleMynd » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:30 am

My friend ended up swapping out the cable to his cable modem and things now work like a champ. Looks like a bad cable was his culprit and a firewall was mine.

Thanks Lax!

-SimpleMynd