Re: EverQuest + NVIDIA Video Card + Multiboxing Issue

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jence
Non-Subscriber

Post by jence » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:38 am

I was blue screening a few days then it went away i tried all sorts of things and ended up back where i started i never cleaned drivers or anything else. did complete file check with no results. anyways, short story, it was EQ and EQ fixed itself (or they fixed it i should say)

have fun all
laterz
Jence

RonWeesley
Non-Subscriber

Post by RonWeesley » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:15 am

They fixed it? with what patch?

slutsarefun
Non-Subscriber

Post by slutsarefun » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:39 pm

i run a GeForce FX5700. i am getting my 2 boxing to work with one char in the bazaar vendoring and other one doin whatever but a LOT of zones are restarting my box if i load 2 chars... even stupid crap like one in PoTranq and one in PoK . .

Bazaar, Nexus, and SH only places i have had no crashes. think i am suck with the issue and have to break out my old box with my GeForce 2 TI to run my 2nd char till the fix 8o(. tried the driver cleaning and all that, nope. and if what jaq said is true then the forceware drivers are only for those cards i don't wanna mess around with them...

Please someone post if they find anything that words for newer video cards! Thanks!

Venthos
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Venthos » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:52 pm

Just an update, i've yet to bluescreen since. What I did appeared to have solved that problem completely.

So I would recommend people try one or all of the methods above if they are having this issue.

-Venthos

WarDave
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by WarDave » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:21 am

What I ended up doing was formatting only loading all updates up to sp1 NOT sp2 and DX9b not 9c, Reinstalled EQ from my cds let it patch and also latest video drivers and I can 4 box on one pc again with no BSOD. Have been running for about a week and no BSOD. Not saying you should do all of this but its what worked for me.

slutsarefun
Non-Subscriber

Post by slutsarefun » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:51 pm

what OS you on WarDave that you only installed SP1?

AnthonyB
Non-Subscriber

Post by AnthonyB » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:18 am

Strange... I've never run into this BSODing or crashing people are reporting.

Video Card: Leadtek A350XT TDH (GeForce FX5900XT)
Video driver: Forceware 65.73 WHQL
DirectX: 9.0c

I've often 2 sessions with toons in the same zone and different zones. Both sessions are run in WinEQ under a default profile and with EQPN enabled. I have EQ with all expansions.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:17 am

The crashes and BSODs are specific to the detonator drivers

Eyashusa
Non-Subscriber

Post by Eyashusa » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:33 pm

I have a similar issue but it is a little different. I can box myself and an erudite enchanter without an issue. When I try to box myself and a woodelf druid computer will reboot within seconds of druid entering world.

slutsarefun
Non-Subscriber

Post by slutsarefun » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:48 pm

Call me stupid Lax but what detonator drivers? what's an easy fix? i am SO close to fdisk! please help before i spend 2 days resetting everything to the way i like it!

vanman
Non-Subscriber

Post by vanman » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:16 am

Both of my computers would restart whenever I ran a 2nd instance of Everquest. Both of them have NVidia cards. I commonly box 6-8 characters between the two computers but since the OOW patch I've not been able to run more than two without the restarts. Someone suggested it might be directx 9.0c so I decided to use the System Restore and go back before I upgraded from 9.0b. When it didn't go back far enough I decided to try using SP1 instead of SP2 again for windows XP. Needless to say both of my computers are now running SP1 again and they are both able to run 3-6 instances of eq each without problems. Maybe if you've tried everything else and you're running SP2, try going back to SP1.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:22 am

Well, the detonator drivers are the stock NVIDIA drivers, available at nvidia.com. Forceware drivers are found at guru3d.com, and people seem to have better luck with those, although some people still report crashes. Your best luck for a long-term solution may be contacting NVIDIA with the issue. SOE seems to be giving the cold shoulder on this issue. Here is a thread I've been linking people to http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... e.id=68538
Unfortunately they locked it after it became 6 pages long with zero useful replies from SOE.

The absolute *easiest* fix ... sadly... is to replace your NVIDIA card with an ATI card. Unfortunately again, not everyone has money to spend on changing graphics cards. I wish I had better news for you. I'm going to do some testing this week to see if I can narrow it down.

slutsarefun
Non-Subscriber

Post by slutsarefun » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:23 am

i am gonna Fdisk today and install the old driver off the CD that came with the video card. kinda dumb when it comes to drivers if anyone has a GeForce FX5700 and uses forceware please let me know on here i will be checking back on my other box throughout the day! thanks so much you all rock!

toptek
Non-Subscriber

not good

Post by toptek » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:45 pm

MORE THINGS ARE STARTED TO POP UP ON eqLIVE ABOUT GOFRCE AND eq WITH JUST PLAYER ONLY RUNIN ONE. SOMEONE MADE A POST HE OR SHE CAN'T MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST SCREEN WITH OUT LOCKING UP OR EVEN BLACK SCREENING AS UASLLY . THEY SAYING TRY THIS OR THAT WITH OUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT A FIX. WHEN IF THEY WOULD LOOK AT THE ADREES ERROR FROM THE BLUESCREEN EVERY ONE KEEPS GETTING AND TAKE IT FROM THERE .

OWELL IM USING ati AGAIN AS MUCH AS I HATE LINES ACRESS THE SCREEN AND MOVING IN ONE DIR NOTINHG THERE I CAN BOX SO I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY AND EAT THOSE OTHER CARDS FOR NOW.

BadgerOne
Non-Subscriber

Post by BadgerOne » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:41 am

Well I had the same problem with the nvidia producing BSOD's.
What I did to fix the problem was installing the custom drivers from www.omegadrivers.net, choosing Performance over Quality. then I enabled HardwareTnL=True in both eqclient.ini
I'm running two accounts without a single reboot for over 50hours now.