Full Screen

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Ixor
Non-Subscriber

Full Screen

Post by Ixor » Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:59 am

Hello everyone, lately ever since I DL'ed version 1.38, I have been having some trouble playing EQ in the full screen mode. When ever I try to change it to full screen mode, it resets back to the normal size...frustrated that I cannot play EQ in a WinEq instance I thought I would come here for help. If anyone has an answer to my problem, I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me :D .

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:12 pm

WinEQ forces EQ to always use windowed mode. WinEQ does provide a full screen emulation mode, but screen modes other than "normal" windowed mode are for subscribers only :)

Hameed
Non-Subscriber

Post by Hameed » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:27 pm

I kinda like this program but I'm not ready to purchase a subscription yet because I just don't play EQ enough to warrant it.

My question is in normal mode is there a way to change the size of the window? I have a 21" screen with 1800X1440 resolution and the normal windowed mode of WinEQ is extremely small.

Having a way to at least increase the size of the window (even if you can't emulate full screen) would go a long way toward increasing the chances of my purchasing a subscription when I do have the time and ability to play more than 3-5 hours per week.

Thanks,
Hameed
Lord Protector
Solusek Ro

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:36 pm

You can change your resolution in EQ to the size of your desktop resolution. In the in-game options menu (ALT+O), click the Display tab and click "Video Modes". You will see 1800x1440. If you do not have the latest version of WinEQ 1.38 (patched last night) you should close out WinEQ all the way and start it again.

Hameed
Non-Subscriber

Post by Hameed » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:53 pm

Cool, thanks for the info.
Hameed
Lord Protector
Solusek Ro