Step by step detailed guide by chance?

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Reason77
Non-Subscriber

Step by step detailed guide by chance?

Post by Reason77 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:39 pm

I can't get past the part where I need to make separate directories and different ini.files. i've searched the forums but found nothing that was helpful. Is there a step by step VERY DETAILED guide on the website by chance? I've tried copying and dowloading the game but it seems to always copy itself to the same place. I've dowloaded WinEQ and have been trying to figure it out but either get error messages that path not found or it crashes during Server select or when I try to open the Options. I would like to subscribe but want to make sure I know how to get this thing to work before doing so. Completely lost please help

Lax
Owner

Re: Step by step detailed guide by chance?

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:52 pm

Reason77 wrote:I can't get past the part where I need to make separate directories and different ini.files. i've searched the forums but found nothing that was helpful. Is there a step by step VERY DETAILED guide on the website by chance? I've tried copying and dowloading the game but it seems to always copy itself to the same place. I've dowloaded WinEQ and have been trying to figure it out but either get error messages that path not found or it crashes during Server select or when I try to open the Options. I would like to subscribe but want to make sure I know how to get this thing to work before doing so. Completely lost please help
You don't need to make separate directories at all. In fact, I suggest you dont ;)

When you open EQ's options, WinEQ closes the EQ window but allows you to change the options.

If you have a crash issue, it helps us to have your WinEQ.log. In all likelihood, your crash is solved by the next version which I am preparing to release today. After that is ready, you can do this...

1) Start WinEQ.
2) Right click on the tray icon and select Edit Profiles
3) In the default profile, make sure it is pointing to your EverQuest folder
4) Hit OK
5) Right click on the tray icon and select eqgame (default profile)
6) Log into EverQuest and play the game
If it works correctly, do this:
7) Right click on the tray icon and select Edit Profiles
8 ) Hit "New From Default"
9) Name the profile whatever you want
10) Hit OK
11) Right click on the tray icon and select eqgame (select profile)
12) select your new profile
13) Log into EverQuest and play the game

As you can see, this is a very simple process. If you get crashes, wait for 1.35 later today and your problem should be resolved

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:48 pm

Also, there is a step by step guide with screenshots in the manual (which opens when the install completes). Right click on the tray icon, and click "Help". Select "Quickstart" in the list of topics

Reason77
Non-Subscriber

Post by Reason77 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:25 pm

ok I figured it out. I was able to log on one character and when I went to log the second I got an error of not enough memory. I have a 3.4 ghz 512 mb memory.. is there a recommended spec to be able to use this? I used EQPlayNice and clicked on it before opening WinEQ.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:30 pm

See the FAQ, by clicking the "FAQ/Policies" link at the top of the site. The very first item in the FAQ details how much memory EQ uses per session and how to tell how many sessions you can run on a given computer. My recommendation is 384MB of memory per EQ session you want to run, with low to medium settings. I will make some sort of chart to make it easier to see the minimums

Reason77
Non-Subscriber

Post by Reason77 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:48 pm

Ok I had a feeling it was that. I ordered 2 gigs of memory for my cpu and will retry once I get it installed in about 3-5 days. Thank you for the help. Excellent customer service btw.