2 accounts having problems

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

beech
Non-Subscriber

2 accounts having problems

Post by beech » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:33 pm

Ok, i made 2 profiles for 2 eq accounts, 1 is the copy of the 1st one and i left all settings at default... the real problem is when i right click it just brings up the menu quick then it freezes the menu in the screen. then that window becomes unusable... i try to switch to window 2 but then all my windows start to get stuck and stay on my screen untill i finally just have to close everything because everything is stuck like its set to " always ontop" but i still cant click anything.
after i close all the everquest windows by alt f4 the win eq is still in the system tray but when i right click it, its like its transparent menus unless i hover over them.... heh

All i really want is 2 EQ windows Side BY Side. or ontop and on the bottom of my screen. 50/50 so far ive been unable to move or rezie iether of my eq windows.. and when i did right click it i seen it says lock this window checked off... but since all window menus freeze after i right click i cant ever turn this off and then im back to step 1 closing the game.none of the hotkeys do anything except scroll lock..

Any help? im really interested in getting this to work...

im using Windows XP, 2.5gighz , 128nvidea card and 1 gig of ram.. normally just played 2 eq windows and having to press ctrl+alt+r to release the mouse but honestly was working alot better then this so far...

beech
Non-Subscriber

ok that problem fixed

Post by beech » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:56 pm

Alright after fooling around with my Nvidea desktop settings i figured out why its doing this, its due to having Nvidea menu's Enabled.... after i disabled them this seems to not lock the little menu anymore..

So the only Real way to test the windows side by side is buying the full version?

also my normal desktop internet explorer and such windows, keep flickering to a bright gamma color is there anything to change to get this back to its original darker color without rebooting? i had this problem even without using win EQ, when ever i quit everquest even with 1 account my gamma seems so bright.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:15 pm

Resizing the windows is limited to pro.

As a non-subscriber, you either have to have two monitors or use a high desktop resolution and low EQ resolution in order to see both at one time. I need to put this in the FAQ since it's a common question (probably 3 others on the first page of WinEQ Lite forum asking this). Feel free to take a peek at some of the other posts for more information on the subject