Windows XP with WinEQ questions

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

radar168
GamingTools Subscriber

Windows XP with WinEQ questions

Post by radar168 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:17 pm

I was just wondering why I can't use any of the WinEQ default hotkeys except scroll lock to unlock the mouse cursor. For some reason, I still have the window bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I want to have EQ full sized without the bars there and switch between 2 accounts that way, if possible.

I'm new at this and I'm trying my best to learn all this info. I'm planing on having 2 accounts open...but I would like to have them both showing at the same time if possilbe. If not, I would like to switch back and forth between players, full screen, no bars.

I have ATI card and for some reason, even on normal EQ windows, when I do alt+enter to get to windows mode, my gamma goes dark. So, switching between screens would cause it so that I wouldn't be able to see very well. When I do get back to full screen, again even in normal EQ, I have to go to EQ options window and move the gamma bar, just to get it back to normal light. I know it might have something to do with my display settings, but I'm not sure where to change it at. I have installed all the lastest ATI drivers and DirectX 9.0b. I know I'm missing something, but not sure what.

Do I have to get the full verisons of EQwin and EQplaynice to change the size of the windows? Any help from anyone would help a lot. Till then, I will continue to search for answers via the web. Thank you for your time.

New Guy

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:32 am

Hello. The WinEQ product page has a list of all of the features that are restricted to WinEQ Pro, including a feature comparison chart. What you're looking for is "Emulates full screen mode" and "Freely resize windows" which are indeed advanced features restricted to pro users. WinEQ Lite is designed to be basically a different "flavor" of EQWindows, with a few extras. Have fun :)