Probelm W/ 2 Accoutns

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

ponyboy32
Non-Subscriber

Probelm W/ 2 Accoutns

Post by ponyboy32 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:47 pm

I'm trying to run to seperate accounts from the same computer via WiinEQ and EQPlayNice. Problem is when I get both characters logged for about 2 minutes it kicks me back out to server select screen on both accounts. Any idea what's going on?

Okay, apparently my accounts are timing out. Is there anyway to turn this off?

tcm
Non-Subscriber

hmm

Post by tcm » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:35 pm

what kind of connection do you have?
Are you sharing a connection?
have you changed any datarate settings?
Have you patched EQ recently? I had the same problem a while back I never run the patcher and evertime I got logged in it was kicking me. found fast that I needed to run the patcher and get some updates.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:35 am

The problem is you're using another program that modifies EQ's memory, and it's conflicting directly with EQPlayNice. You need to make sure that the other program is loaded already when EQPlayNice is loaded. This will force EQPlayNice to be passive and not modify the memory. MQ2 will call EQPlayNice's routines for it, thus not conflicting.

So.. the problem is that you loaded MQ2 *after* loading EQPlayNice and playing the game. If both are loaded at startup, it will work fine. Alternatively, load MQ2 before starting the game and then load EQPlayNice after starting both EQ's.