Interface Distortion Problem

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Cofcos
Non-Subscriber

Interface Distortion Problem

Post by Cofcos » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:11 pm

I have no other problems with WinEQ than the one I describe below. All features work as they should:

The interface(most notably the text) in the log-in sequence and in-game is distorted. Such that it looks like the window has been slightly resized-- It looks sort of like it would if you put a screen mesh over your monitor. But the 3D graphics and the text for the names over peoples heads look fine.

I've played around with all options that seem like they could remotely be the cause. In EQ, WinEQ and the driver settings. And I've looked for someone with a similar problem in this forum...

I have an ATI 9800 pro /w 256mb vRAM in a P4 3.06Ghz /w ~1.5GB system RAM running WinXP and am useing 3 accounts.

...I must also lament over the fact that I didn't discover WinEQ sooner-- The ability to switch to an exact window with a single key-press greatly increases efficiency; over '<pull/park> alt-tab <pet/dot> alt-tab alt-tab <pet/nuke> alt-tab alt-tab <monitor situation>'. Especially in emergencies.

Indeed, it helps so much I'm considering a 4th account... Thanks. :)

Cofcos
Non-Subscriber

Post by Cofcos » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:46 pm

Err, it appears there was a post about this. But it was supposed to be fixed in the latest version. Incorrect scaling is what I assumed, but no obvious 'fix' was mentioned...

Ill continue to look for problems with the video card settings...

Cofcos
Non-Subscriber

Post by Cofcos » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:32 pm

After noticing my drivers were, realitively, ancient; I updated them. No effect, sadly. But! I tried setting my desktop to a higher resolution, which did work-- kind of.

The effect is still there, but very slight. Not a big enough problem to stop me, though... However. I am concerned about my computers ability to run 4 instances at 1280x1024, which is the highest resolution my monitor can use(only 15"). And the only resolution, that I can use, to 'fix' the scaling problem... Anyone think a computer with the above stats could do 4?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:48 pm

Are you using WinEQ 1.21?
This was a known issue in older versions.

Cofcos
Non-Subscriber

Post by Cofcos » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:45 am

Yes I am. But, I'm finding my computer quite able to handle 4 instances at 1280x1024(I was trying to use 1024x768), so it doesn't matter any more. :)