1.21 making hot keys each time i flip

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

alberon
Non-Subscriber

1.21 making hot keys each time i flip

Post by alberon » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:26 am

I have reinstalled 1.16 as each time i flip from one box to another using either ctrl/alt/z, OR ctrl/alt(number) it will make a hot key with what ever box on my screen my mouse was hovering over at the time.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:34 am

Never heard of that one. Post WinEQ.log from 1.21 and I'll see if I see anything abnormal. Do you have a key set in EQ that makes the hotkeys? Last I knew it required holding the left mouse button down, and WinEQ doesnt touch the mouse

Baele
Non-Subscriber

Post by Baele » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Im having the same issue cept not every time I switch.

When I ctrl-alt-(number here) to change windows once in awhile it sets off a macro from my hot box in EQ.

Ill get the log tomorrow since Im on the way out to work now.

Raydiant
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Raydiant » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:21 pm

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but it kinda sounds like it. I had to leave for work for a week and when i got back 1.21 was up. I downloaded it and installed it. Works fine. I can get two copies up and running easy enough. BUT, when i switch from one window to the next i notice it's as if the ALT key has been pushed and is stuck in the down position :?:

When I switch backk and forth to each window i have to keep pushing the alt key to release it. Eventually it wont let me type anything in the text bar :?: then i have to log out and log back in :?:

I am using a Logitech keyboard with itouch software. Makes the hotkeys a one touch button. Not sure if this is causing the problem?

Looking around I found another post that is specific to this problem. Funny thing is, guess some people had this with 1.16, now i have it on 1.21 :evil:

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:39 pm

Ok. If the issue is just that the key gets stuck down when you switch to the session, that will be fixed in the next day or two

alberon
Non-Subscriber

Post by alberon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:46 am

no hot key here. it simply seems to capture anything my mouse is hovering over and depress it until it creates a hot key... seems very similar to the frozen ctrl button bug

Raydiant
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Raydiant » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:53 pm

Well i figured out why I eventually cant type any text. Both the ALT key and the Cntl Key get stuck in the down position when i swap screens. So yes, its the frozen key bug...(tapping the keys unsticks them, but when ya runnin for the zone. ouch dat hurts)

Anxiously awaitin da patch :shock: