Upgraded from 1.10 to 1.21 - Alt-Tab no longer functioning

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

DavidStevens
Non-Subscriber

Upgraded from 1.10 to 1.21 - Alt-Tab no longer functioning

Post by DavidStevens » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:38 pm

After reading all of the changes from 1.10 thru 1.21, the only ones that seemed semi-related were under 1.17...

- Changed DirectInput handling. Quirkiness with the auto-release of SHIFT/CTRL/ALT/WIN keys should be smoothed over
- WinEQ's memory indicator now has modifier key indicators placed on a 3rd line. This is to help identify problems with the auto-release of SHIFT/CTRL/ALT/WIN

Is this issue exclusive to me, or has anyone else needed to resort to using Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring the Task Manager (WinXP Pro) to use a mouse to access non-WinEQ programs? And yes- I have the ACT3.0 and had alt-tab enabled thru that prior to upgraded my WinEQ version.

rgautier
Non-Subscriber

Post by rgautier » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:50 pm

Also a problem for me - Alt-Tab no longer works with new version - Since this was my primary reason for using the program aside from window-resizing (which is no longer available in Lite), I don't see what there is to keep my using it other than EQlite integration, since I can get the mouse back with a windowed Everquest.exe...

Rich Gautier

Yumlek
Non-Subscriber

Post by Yumlek » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:12 pm

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

And install it, then run Compatibility Administrator Tool. Under Applications/Everquest, right click on eqgame.exe and Disable Entry.

DavidStevens
Non-Subscriber

Re: Upgraded from 1.10 to 1.21 - Alt-Tab no longer functioni

Post by DavidStevens » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:44 pm

DavidStevens wrote:And yes- I have the ACT3.0 and had alt-tab enabled thru that prior to upgraded my WinEQ version.
Prior to the mandated update to WinEQ due to the validation server- I had alt-tab functional for over 9 months.

*Editted to not quote entire first post*

Yumlek
Non-Subscriber

Post by Yumlek » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:51 pm

Prior to WinEQ 1.16, Lax was making a copy of eqgame.exe and modifying it, then running it. This in effect bypassed the ACT alt+tab stuff, so it would alt+tab as any windows program will. In 1.16 and beyond, he started injecting his stuff directly into the original eqgame.exe as it was running. This caused alt+tab to stop working unless you had done the ACT change.

I'd run the toolkit again and check more thoroughly, just to be sure. In the meantime, try just releasing your mouse to access other programs.
Last edited by Yumlek on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidStevens
Non-Subscriber

Post by DavidStevens » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:57 pm

Aye- been having to hit scroll lock and try to figure out which instance of IE I had just viewed out of the dozen or so I have open. But it seems that I am not the only one that experienced this today, so I shouldn't go totally crazy over it. If the alt-tab was disabled in the code like some are theorizing- I will not be upgrading to Pro anytime soon since a price hike (or another level or paid at a higher cost) would probably be coming along.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:16 am

I asked one of my MS contacts if there was a legitimate way to either a) have MS remove the outdated application compatibility info, or b) remove it through WinEQ instead of forcing you to download the toolkit... they didn't know ;)

Alt+Tab wasn't disabled in the code, the change is exactly what Yumlek said. Have fun

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:46 am

This was added to the FAQ.

BryanRiley
Non-Subscriber

Post by BryanRiley » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:23 am

I did as yumlek suggested, Works perfectly, thank yuo!