2nd screen stuck

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Kayne00
Non-Subscriber

2nd screen stuck

Post by Kayne00 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:48 pm

i can load two screens up, and switch between them, but when i try to move them around they stick together, i'd like if they split apart so i could see them both at the same time

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:52 pm

The next version is going to have a message box that pops up explaining why this happens. It's explained in WinEQ.txt which pops up, it's explained on the boards on many posts like this one... ;)

A "profile" defines the behavior of a window. You're using one profile, and two windows. This means the two windows are using the single behavior. Create a second profile.

voodoo13
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by voodoo13 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:58 pm

i am having the same problem also, I have created 2 different profiles, I try to move the 2 profile so that the right side of it is on the right side of my computer screen, but when I do that it just goes right back right back ontop or underneath profile 1 window.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:14 pm

The problem is that theyre both *using* the same profile, whether you created profiles or not. That's absolutely the only time it will happen, unless you lock the position of the window. You should custom title each profile so that it's obvious if two are using the same one. You can also check which profile each session is using by right-clicking in the window with the mouse released, and hovering over the Select Profile menu item. This will pop up the list of profiles, and the current profile will be checked and in a separate spot on the top of the list.

voodoo13
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by voodoo13 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:49 pm

I have the different titles labeled different, I litteraly have 2 different profiles.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:22 am

Okay. When you say you're "moving the right side" of it, are you trying to resize the window or are you trying to move the window? Resizing is a pro only feature. From what you said, it's hard to determine if you are trying to resize it and it's snapping back because resize is a pro feature, or if you are using 1 profile and trying to move the windows to separate locations. Windows are completely independent of each other, the only reason one would move onto the same location as another is if it is using the same profile.

voodoo13
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by voodoo13 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:52 am

I am just moving the window.

will777r
Non-Subscriber

Post by will777r » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:02 am

I am having the same exact problem. I have 2 separate profiles with two separate titles and I cannot move the window. I am not trying to resize it. I am just trying to move it so I can see my main window entirely and a little bit of the other window. However, it moves my first wineq session halfway off the monitor screen. If I move the window (not resize), it just jumps back. I do not have lock position on either.

I ran a test and just loaded up my main profile by itself and it does the same thing without having 2 sessions loaded. The window cannot be moved....

Alby

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:35 pm

OK. I'll check on that, thank you for the details