alt lock

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

reizvoll
Non-Subscriber

alt lock

Post by reizvoll » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:48 pm

this is a problem i've been having since before i used wineq. i used to use eqw, and had the same problem.

i run two instances of eq, and when i tab between them, or between other windows and them, sometimes alt 'locks' ie, its permantly pressed down, even though my hand is not on it. tapping it makes it go away, but i unfortunately don't notice it till later. alt + keys can have HORRIBLE effects in EQ when im playing. i cast random spells, even alt enter (which generally locks my system and used to crash me before eqplaynice <3).

because it happens in either of the programs (though it does seem to happen MORE in wineq), i am thinking its a feature of windows. but i hav not been able to find a way to ... turn it off. i am using windows XP, home edition. any info is very helpful. =)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:39 pm

It's actually a result of the way EQ uses keyboard messages in conjunction with the way Windows works. WinEQ is designed to handle the problem, but there are still some cases where the modifier keys (e.g. alt, shift, etc) will remain held. Right now with 1.16 this should only happen if you were physically holding the key when the new window came to focus. I will fix that completely next update

reizvoll
Non-Subscriber

Post by reizvoll » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:57 pm

oooo~ sounds nummy. =)

Nirar
Non-Subscriber

Post by Nirar » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:41 pm

i have same thing happening with shift lock =/