blury picture

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Nirar
Non-Subscriber

blury picture

Post by Nirar » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:07 pm

I was using version 1.00 and it was ok but then i switched to 1.6 and for some reason picture is now somewhat blury. Any idea why it happening. I am runing Win XP, 1024RAM, 128 Radeon 9600 se.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:39 am

It's probably blurry because your display is slightly scaled. Use Reset Window Position and it should solve your problem

mithandrir
Non-Subscriber

Post by mithandrir » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:07 am

Hi,

I have a similar problem. All writing, including the EULA screen is blurry. Reseting does not fix the problem.

Interestingly enough Shift-Alt-Q does fix it. Fooling around with Profiles i found out the default when I create a profile is a quatered screen. Which is not supported if you are not a subscriber. I guess thats the problem here.

Mithandrir

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:35 am

Interesting, I'll have to force normal screen mode.

The default when you create a profile is whatever the one you're copying is. New profiles cannot be created without copying one. If you're creating one from the default profile, make sure the default profile is set to Normal screen mode in the General tab.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:45 am

1.16 now forces normal mode, but may show up in the profile editor as a different mode. You do not need to re-download, just restart EQ. Let me know if the problem with blurriness continues.

Aznar
Non-Subscriber

Post by Aznar » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:24 pm

Actually no they're all right. Normal mode is forcing a certain amount of distortion upon the screen. The distortion isn't even uniform across the entirety of the screen either. I was doing some testing with it. I ran both regular EQ, windowed EQ and WinEQ in the normal windowed settings. The difference is night and day.

This problem came up on the removal of Full screen options from the 1.05 to 1.10 Patch jump. I was horrified to find out full screen had been removed, and when I ran your uninstaller it REMOVED the 1.05 install file from when it deleted the directory... Which realy sucked.

The bluriness is absolutly unorthidox...

Some other things that seem to be acting up. EQ play nice when integrated doesn't seem to be always fully kicking in. For some odd reason I noticed this when my video card began consistently overheating day after day. I picked up a PCI cooler, then found out today that when EQplay nice is run on integrated mode it only cuts my CPU usage to roughly half (when EQ is minimized and setup in trader). When EQplaynice is running on its own under the same conditions CPU usage drops to roughly 25%.

Both of these problems are realy throughing me off on wanting to buy anything here. Though version 1.05 hit my needs great.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:59 pm

1) The default options for foreground EQPlayNice is set to FPS limiting, which will allow EQ to use 99% (but not 100% as it usually tries to) of CPU time. This is configurable. Also, it makes 0 difference if you use integrated or run EQPlayNice standalone. Not to mention some features are subscriber only.

2) Full screen was removed for lite users in 0.993, though it appeared to work because of a bug.

3) If your video card is overheating, I would check the fan on it. If it's not spinning, or is not spinning fully, it will likely overheat. Overheating of the video card should never happen if its fan is properly spinning, barring driver issues.

Aznar
Non-Subscriber

Post by Aznar » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:13 pm

I personally solved all those problems. Actually I'm running a new ATI 9800. In hot weather the default cooler just doesn't cut it. Installed a PCI cooler to get the hot air out. Problem gone.

As for the bluriness I'm back to EQwindows till that goes away. Something is indeed wrong. And I'm tempted to buy your software, but that blurriness is creeping my eyes out. Getting bug eyed.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:48 pm

WinEQ 1.16 solved any of the known blurriness issues.

You're welcome to provide information to help solve your blurriness problem. The blurriness issues are caused by an incorrect aspect ratio. In older versions, this problem was caused by different desktop visual settings, such as using the default Windows XP theme instead of the classic theme. That problem was solved by having WinEQ calculate the size of the title bar and borders when the window is automatically sized. This also produced a bug in some of the newer versions that was fixed in 1.16, where Lite users could turn on or off the lock window size option (which changes the borders) and the window was not drawn to change with the option.

If you entered a custom width/height, you are at your own mercy for blurriness. If you used reset window position, there should not be blurriness. If there is, then you should edit the profile settings for the window mode and see if a nudge in width or height in either direction solves the problem. The window width/height shown in the profile editor does include the width and height of the border and title bar around the window. If this fixes your problem, and the width/height calculated when you use Reset Window Position does not, then please explain what you needed to change.

Without further information, it is very difficult for me to reproduce your problem and therefore have the ability to solve it. WinEQ.log would help, and if you use an abnormal windows shell or a specific windows theme, it would help to have that information as well.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:38 am

OK. Blurriness verified to be 100% gone in 1.21.

Aznar
Non-Subscriber

Post by Aznar » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:15 pm

Yup that fixed the blurriness. All gone as far as I can tell... I can see... I can see!

gp1001
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by gp1001 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:25 pm

Where can i find ver 2.21?

gp1001
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by gp1001 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:26 pm

gp1001 wrote:Where can i find ver 2.21?
oops disregard...

jerheimer
Non-Subscriber

Post by jerheimer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:45 am

oh Dank, der mir alot jetzt hinaushilft. sch?tzen Sie das Info, um es zu befestigen, und jetzt zu pr?fen