Win Eq problem

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Boppy
Non-Subscriber

Win Eq problem

Post by Boppy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:45 pm

When I go to start up wineq as I usually do it begins to load then stops. I get a stuck mouse on my desktop and a small bar at top of screen for the wineq session but does not go further than that. Thanks for your help!

Boppy
Non-Subscriber

Post by Boppy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:46 pm

Nm fixed it sheesh.

Boppy
Non-Subscriber

error message

Post by Boppy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:32 pm

I've never had any error message stating that my ram was too low but all of a sudden I am getting one stating that wineq may not run because I have opnly 31 mb ram out of my 512 for use?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:52 pm

This message was just added in 1.15.

Code: Select all

- WinEQ now displays a warning message if an EQ session is started with less than about 190MB
remaining physical RAM, or less than about 40MB video RAM 
Each EQ session takes 250-500MB of RAM, depending on your settings, without batting an eye. What WinEQ is now warning you is that your system is going to be placing EQ's memory on the hard drive instead of RAM, once it eats up your physical memory. This is VERY slow in comparison and will cause a lot of lag. It can even cause crashes or blue screens. In my testing, the only way I was able to force a system crash was to deplete my system RAM and video RAM completely (and have AGP memory remaining that the system thought it could use but did not exist).

There is also a nice little memory indicator to show you how much memory is available on your system. You can toggle this option at any time in WinEQ's global preferences, on the Display tab. In the next version, the indicators will turn yellow and red for caution/warning levels of memory. 31MB of 512MB is quite low, and will be in the "warning" area. This is acceptable for 1 EQ session, but if you want to run 2 you should lower your settings in EQ