Some bugs?

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Blede
Non-Subscriber

Some bugs?

Post by Blede » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:33 pm

Here's a few things that I've noticed...

1. When switching windows in WinEQ sometimes the mouse doesn't re-capture right away. So you have the Windows XP cursor floating above the windows for about a second before you can move the game cursor.

2. Sometimes when switching windows a Tooltip box will be visible on the screen. As in a little beige box saying "Maximize", "Close", "Minimize", etc. This may have something to do with the first bug.

3. If you minimize a WinEQ window and then switch to another WinEQ window sometimes you cannot use the Cycle Next Window key to switch back. You have to release the mouse and then click the window button on the task bar.

4. This one is a little hard to explain but here it goes... If you release the mouse on a window sometimes you cannot click left anything, no taskbar buttons, the start button, nothing. The only way I've been able to fix this is to right click the WinEQ systray icon and open up the default settings (selecting anything with a right click might work) and then just cliking "Ok" again.

5. Keys tend to get stuck if you're holding them down while switching windows. Like if you switch windows while holding down ALT sometimes you have to tap it again or the game thinks the button is still pressed. I'm not sure if this is a bug in WinEQ or maybe EQ itself.

6. When I enter a heavy load area (PoK, the Bazaar) and I start getting bit framey I'll see the WinEQ context menu popup. Sometimes the key I was pressing before the framiness (not sure if that's a word...) began will become stuck. ex. If I'm pressing the up arrow to move forward and then go into a framey area I can let off the up arrow and I'll still be running forward.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps and hope everything I listed wasn't mentioned before. :P

Machine specs: Intel 3.0 Gig, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, GeForce 5900 Ultra, 1 Gig Dual Channel DDR, Windows XP Pro

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:59 pm

WinEQ auto-releases the mouse if it has not been polled by EQ in 1 second. If you get a huge graphics lag spike, this will trigger, just as if you were zoning. With your system I cant imagine why it would happen, unless you're running too many EQ sessions for your RAM (hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and check the Commit charge, if it is over 1000M you are eating into the swap file instead of physical ram)

Thanks for the report, I've got a nice list of stuff to work on, and adding some of these that were not on it. Let me know if you have any other problems

Blede
Non-Subscriber

Post by Blede » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:09 pm

I only run two instances of EQ but lately it has been REALLY laggy around PoK and the bazaar. I don't know if it has something to do with the last couple of EQ patches or what but it sure seems worse over the last few weeks.

I've noticed that EQ takes up about 430M of memory per instance with me running all models on with both instances. I guess I should probably turn off the newer models on my second account but I just can't stand looking at them. I did turn off sound on the second account though which, as far as I can tell, did nothing for performance.

If anyone knows of some memory or pagefile settings I can adjust to help I'm all ears. Other than the typical move your page file to a separate drive, give it a fixed size, etc. I've done all those.