Get disconnected after logging in

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

phattmatt79
GamingTools Subscriber

Get disconnected after logging in

Post by phattmatt79 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:08 pm

After i go to server selection and click on the server, eq will load up then will go black and say you have been disconnected. Thanks in advance

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:12 pm

EQ patched today. Please patch EQ :)

BryanRiley
Non-Subscriber

Post by BryanRiley » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:50 pm

This happened to me as well. I have the latest patches for EQ and EQ starts correctly without WinEQ. With WinEQ, I log in, Select my server and connect, See the Intro screen load to completion, then instead of seeimg my characters, the screen goes black and I get a disconnected message. Bummer

Thanks for everything, this looks to be an awesome tool

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:36 pm

WinEQ is not capable of causing a disconnect from the server. If you have a problem like this, make sure the EQ you're trying to play is fully patched. Also, if you use certain programs that start with Macro and end with Quest, along with EQPlayNice, you must have the latest versions of each and not have the MQ2FPS plugin loaded, or you will get sent to server select within a few minutes of game play.

BryanRiley
Non-Subscriber

Post by BryanRiley » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:05 pm

I believe you but the results are not the same. REgular EQ has no Problems but WinEQ same problem every time. How do I know if I have the MQ2FPS plugin loaded?

I do not use Playnice, should I be doing so?

Thanks again

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:09 pm

You don't need to use EQPlayNice, but usually the only time a disconnect will happen is extreme lag or having 2 conflicting EQ utilities loaded. EQPlayNice and MQ2FPS are conflicting utilities and would cause such a problem if both were loaded (particularly with older versions of EQPlayNice).

I'll look for other possibilities.