nv4_disp.dll

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Quiex
Non-Subscriber

nv4_disp.dll

Post by Quiex » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:26 am

i am stupid! i am beyond stupid! its true! You would think after the horrible nightmare that this idiot bug gave me that i would chisle in stone how i fixed it. alas i didn't and so after reformating my hard drive to clean out all the bugs and stuff that have been collecting in the past 6 months and now having to put up with this BSOD again.

all i can remember after screaming and pulling my hair out for 2 weeks after OOW i found some soultion here on this website about turning off the vertix shaders (which totaly fixed it last time) but it hasen't helped so far. right now id rather go back to my bug infested, trojon loaded, ete computer and have EQ work then have to put up with this AGAIN (too bad i can't turn back time).

So if anyone can give me any suggestions id appreate it.
AMD 2600+
Nivida Geforce FX 5900XT
1 gig ram

Former 3 box *cries, sobs, screams*

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:36 am

Did you download the latest drivers from nvidia?

Quiex
Non-Subscriber

Post by Quiex » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:52 am

yep, and ive tried the old ones, and im looking for Directx9b (but its really hard to find).

read ur post about turning on the shaders, i could have sworn i crashed with them turned on, and then i turned them off and crashed but i guess ill try it again anyway.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:12 am

The vertex shaders issue is only relevant for multi-boxing, to my knowledge. So if you're crashing with a single session, that's probably not the problem.

You may need to update other drivers as well, such as your motherboard chipset drivers. Also make sure that it's not your video card fan failing, etc.