Installing multiple instances of EQ

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

cujomatic
GamingTools Subscriber

Installing multiple instances of EQ

Post by cujomatic » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:29 pm

Under EQW I had my best luck having 2 (or 3) full versions of EQ installed in different directories and running each instance of EQ from a different directory. In trying to migrate to WinEQ, I attempted to do this, but once you set the directory for the default, that where you run all eqprofies EQ from?

Did I just miss how to run from mulitple directorys, or is that not desireable using WinEQ?
Some 40+ toons from 65-5 mostly located on The Rathe, and several 3 and 4 boxed...2x2 (I just like the middle levels much more than the end game).

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:32 pm

Both :)

WinEQ allows you to create profiles, and each profile can use a separate directory. It is recommended that you use one profile per window.

It's technically better for you to use one directory for all sessions, so that your hardware and operating systems can properly accelerate the disk access. Most people should find this faster, although some people swear by multiple directories and do in fact get a benefit.

cujomatic
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by cujomatic » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:54 am

Once the patch frenzy settles down, I'll try it again...I did mutiple profiles (a month or so ago) but couldn't get the separate directories to work--the path would always go back to the default when I tried to clone new sets..

I'm running 2 machinces x 2 accounts each and have multiple sets of Toons....the macros are different for each arrangement, so that is my driving force for using different directories...I'll try the read and follow directions approach before coming back and begging for help....I don't like to read and follow directions, but I'll give it a try, at least until I ante up.
Some 40+ toons from 65-5 mostly located on The Rathe, and several 3 and 4 boxed...2x2 (I just like the middle levels much more than the end game).