Globalhotkey "Num /" not working.

WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Pentacle
Non-Subscriber

Globalhotkey "Num /" not working.

Post by Pentacle » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:38 am

I like to use the keypad to switch between my instances of EQ, but I can't get all the keys to function in WinEQ 2.0... so, I uninstalled it and then installed WinEQ but to no avail. For some reason, using "Num /" as a global hotkey doesn't want to work in either WinEQ 2.0 or 1.38.

*In WinEQ 2.0, this particular hotkey setting is skipped and the next globalhotkey setting is used.

*In WinEQ 1.38, the numpad '/' does not activate the window; instead, the key with '/' and '?' does.

The GlobalHotkey WinEQ 1.38 is giving me is 65333, where other keypad numbers are only 2 digits such as 78 for "Num +".
Anyone know the globalhotkey number for "Num /" or know why it's doing that? :?:

[Also, the switching of windows seems to be slow. So slow, in fact, that when I switch to another window and, as soon as the other window appears, quickly press a number corrisponding to a hotkey, both windows activate that hotkey (say rogue has backstab on hotkey 1, shaman has heal on hotkey 1. I switch from shaman to rogue and press 1, both the rogue backstabs and the shaman tries to heal) Very annoying. :( ]

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:11 pm

I can check on num /, thanks for the report on that.

I dont know what to tell you about the window switching. The window tries to make itself foreground as soon as the global activation key is pressed. If you press another key immediately, the key might end up getting pressed before the other window is able to take focus, and then be sent to the first window. The second window may then pick up on the key being down. I haven't seen anything like this in testing, and this is the first report of something like this happening. It may be something running on your system using up a lot of resources and causing things to be slow, or possibly something running on your system that interferes with keyboard and/or mouse input.

Pentacle
Non-Subscriber

Post by Pentacle » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:33 am

It's probably my resources then. I only have 512mb pushing 2 accounts.