WinEQ 1.x Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

raker
GamingTools Subscriber

wineq 1 and 2 wont authenticate.

Post by raker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:46 pm

Hello,

Both wineq 1 and 2 are not working (on EQ1)....my error is (for me) the dreaded

"connection to the lavishsoft license server failed. The server may be inaccessible at this time, or the amount of network lag between you and the server is extraordinarily high"

It has been like this since the patch and was working fine on 1.0 before....2.0 has yet to ever work for me. When I try to authenticate staright from playnice it fails. I have tried connectiing through wireless hardline to router and straight to DSL modem (verizon dsl)

My comp =

p4 3.0
ati 9700 mobile
512 ram

However I have tried this on a few different computers and I am getting the same results. I have reconfirmed my password on the lavishsoft website profile. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the programs.

Again this started right after the dec 17th patch. Plz advise thanks

Raker

raker
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by raker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:12 pm

I got wineq2.0 to work on win 200 computer but on my winxp pro and my winxp hime systems I am still having the problem...I guess something like a firewall or some stupid secruity protocal is getting in the way....but I dun know what....I got all my sec settings on web broswer all the way down and the firewall option unchecked on my network connections

hope this helps

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:00 am

It's literally impossible for me to troubleshoot your home network, I apologize. I would have to know every process and DLL running on your system, and that's not something you are likely to have readily available. However, you can try using Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html to look for spyware. You can also check for viruses with virus software...

I can only assure you that our server handles hundreds of successful connections every hour of every day from users of all versions of windows, on all types of connections, from around the globe. Other than software installed on your system, theres no known reason for consistant failures...

raker
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by raker » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:35 am

ok good deal thanks for responding. I figured once i got it running on 2 other computers then it wasnt on your end. I have also noticed that my anti-virus wont connect to teh live update to get new definitions. So I may be heading for the wipe reboot routine (shudders)