Problem with TTS

EQWatcher Evolution discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

prettykittymina
Non-Subscriber

Problem with TTS

Post by prettykittymina » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:47 am

I Downloaded this and absolutely loved it....for the main fact that it said what people were sending to me through tells..... sooooo i told a friend about it and got him to dl it....but hes having absolutely no luck with getting it to work....the TTS testing works, tried using the comand, tell speech off, then tell speech on, and nothing....it says that its on but it isnt working.... NEED IDEAS >.< please help

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:11 pm

Your friend's system (the sound chip and/or driver for the sound chip) does not allow multiple WaveOut audio streams. This means that EverQuest is taking over the audio and the text-to-speech will not work.

If I remember correctly, this is only an issue on Windows 95/98/Me. Your friend can solve this problem one of two ways:
1. Purchase a new sound card, one that isn't el cheapo loco. Any Sound Blaster Live or Audigy will do, and the older models (Live, Audigy 1 at least) can be had just as cheap as the no-name sound cards, and will do everything necessary.
2. Upgrade to Windows XP, which should perform sound mixing. If they already have Windows XP, revert to solution #1