emotes

EQWatcher Evolution discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

momabear
GamingTools Subscriber

emotes

Post by momabear » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:19 pm

Is there anyway to configue so that eqwatcher will read things filtered to a window with the "other" filter on it. I am specifically looking for emotes from mobs to be read to me so I dont miss anything.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:55 pm

No -- EQWatcher only sees what is in the logs. If you can open the EQ log file and discern anything with a filter on it, go for it.

You can add triggers that look for specific emotes, though.

momabear
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by momabear » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:33 am

will the new fury software be able to?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:46 am

No.. If you want something to be able to react to filters in the game, you'll have to use something that works inside the game (such as MacroQuest 2), instead of something that reads the log.

berttank
Non-Subscriber

Post by berttank » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:01 am

i am 99% sure i know what he is talking about... they are considered "other" as per the filters that you can use to send different types of text to different eq windows... i am trying to get eqwatcher to do the samething atm but it does not seem to be working... i thought i was doing it right...
(edited to add this even though they are considered "other" they are in the log files see lines below are considered other)

these are the emotes i am trying to set triggers for

[Sun Aug 14 21:27:11 2005] The room begins to heat up dramatically.
The south side looks safe.
[Sun Aug 14 21:27:41 2005] The room begins to heat up dramatically.
The north side looks safe.
[Sun Aug 14 21:26:41 2005] The room begins to heat up dramatically.
The east side looks safe.
[Sun Aug 14 21:21:11 2005] The room begins to heat up dramatically.
The center looks safe.
[Sun Aug 14 21:27:11 2005] The room begins to heat up dramatically.
The west side looks safe.

and these are the triggers i wronte (note i wrote them once then tried to use them and not 1 worked... i went back and found some mistakes and rewrote them hoping to fine tune any before i have to use them again)

[main]
.trigger TTS sync "CORE: South" "The south side looks safe" Run south
.trigger TTS sync "CORE: North" "The north side looks safe" Run north
.trigger TTS sync "CORE: East" "The east side looks safe" Run east
.trigger TTS sync "CORE: West" "The west side looks safe" Run west
.trigger TTS sync "CORE: Center" "The center looks safe" Run center

if i put them in the wrong spot or any other mistakes that anyone happens to notice i would apreciate any corrections..

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 am

The reason those specific triggers wont work is this. The "trigger" alias makes the trigger for you, and forces the match text to begin with the timestamp, such as "[Sun Aug 14 21:27:11 2005] ". This means each of those triggers is specificially looking for something that looks exactly like this: "[Sun Aug 14 21:27:11 2005] The south side looks safe" -- with a different timestamp of course. However, as you pasted, that's not what it looks like.

This leads to my question. Is the "The x side looks safe" ON ITS OWN LINE? It is in the paste, but I just want to make sure that it is. If so, this would need to be built directly into a script, because of the timestamp thing.

Also, you could handle all of those except center with a single line, if they worked as is:

Code: Select all

.trigger TTS sync "CORE: Safe Side" "The @PSTR1@ side looks safe" Run %PSTR1%
This pulls out "the x side" and uses it as part of the speech

berttank
Non-Subscriber

Post by berttank » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:08 pm

i pasted the lines directly from the log file and from the core file as they were written there, so yes each has its own line.

just looked through info on scripts... think that is well beyond anything i would be able to do myself... if i have any specific info needed about it i could prolly con 1 someone to do it for me, is there anywhere i could find info on language format etc that would need to be used ? (just asked 1 of the programmers here he asked if he could see a sample script)

1 last thing i did not actually put all the lines that were needed on the post to save room and for simplicity sake... most of the others were mob emotes

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:56 pm

The documentation for EQWatcher, including the script language, is at http://www.eqwatcher.com/docs/ (linked from eqwatcher.com)

There's a huge sample script which contains all of the default functionality in the "Source" directory under EQWatcher. Your script would be far simpler, and could look something like this:

public string PSTR1;

function main()
{
}

trigger("The %PSTR1% side looks safe.")
{
 SpeakSync("Run ",PSTR1);
}

trigger("The center looks safe.")
{
  SpeakSync("Run center");
}
I *believe* that will work like you want, just like that.

Following instructions similar to what Iwenn gave for compiling his script for enchanters on therunes.net ( http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopi ... 339#107339 ):
1. Save this text to a file called myscript.eas (or such) to the EQWatcher Advanced\Scripts folder
2. make a new batch file (called compile.bat for example) with the following text, and save it in the EQWatcher Advanced\Scripts folder.

cd..
eqwesc scripts\myscript.eas myscript.eac
3. double click the compile.bat file to compile the script. (this will create myscript.eac in the main EQWatcher)
4. to load the script automatically, add the following line in the [Addons] section of the file EQWatcher Advanced\eqwacore.ini file.

myscript

berttank
Non-Subscriber

Post by berttank » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:08 pm

thank you very much for all that info. i tried looking through the help (from the website since i am at work) as much as possible but did not see any info about the sample script, and i hate asking for help if i can avoid it. thanks again =)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:31 pm

The "sample" is called the EQWatcher core script, and includes all of the files in the scripts folder :) It's a bit large to be used as a sample, really. There is plenty of other scripts that are more sample-like, but since the old EQWatcher forums are gone they're a bit more difficult to find.

Here's a link with a couple from Dariys:
http://dariys.home.comcast.net/EQWatcher/index.html
Here's another (includes buffmaster 2000, rogue script, generic script, and several others by Panamah):
http://www.nmcs.com/eqwatcher/

Oedwak
Non-Subscriber

Post by Oedwak » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:01 am

This thread is kind of old, but since I stumbled on it and happen to have already written a commands file for the MPG trial of foresight I figured I'd share. It may be too late to help the original poster but who knows, maybe someone will find it useful.

Note that this looks to be nearly what berttank posted above - I'm just providing triggers for the rest of the emotes for that event, and suggesting an easy way to get those commands loaded and running.

Save the following to a file, and load it from the EQWatcher context menu (right click) Addons -> Run Commands File.

trigger TTS sync "SSStill" "@trash@ You should stand still." "Stand Still!"
trigger TTS sync "SSDuck" "@trash@ You should duck." "Duck! Duck!"
trigger TTS sync "SSMove" "@trash@ You should move." "Move! Move!"
trigger TTS sync "SSCenter" "@trash@ The center looks safe." "Move to Center!"
trigger TTS sync "SSSouth" "@trash@ The south side looks safe." "Move to South!"
trigger TTS sync "SSNorth" "@trash@ The north side looks safe." "Move to North!"
trigger TTS sync "SSEast" "@trash@ The east side looks safe." "Move to East!"
trigger TTS sync "SSWest" "@trash@ The west side looks safe." "Move to West!"
trigger TTS sync "SSRings" "@trash@ Your rings constrict @trash@" "Remove Rings!"
trigger TTS sync "SSRight" "@trash@ weapon in your right @trash@" "Remove Right Weapon!"
trigger TTS sync "SSLeft" "@trash@ weapon in your left @trash@" "Remove Left Weapon!"

trigger TTS sync "SSBlastSafe" "@trash@ You escape the blast unscathed." "Blast escaped!"
trigger TTS sync "SSArrowSafe" "@trash@ An arrow narrowly misses you." "Arrow Avoided!"
trigger TTS sync "SSRingsSafe" "@trash@ their original shape." "Rings Safe!"
trigger TTS sync "SSWeapSafe" "@trash@ weaponry cools down." "Weapons Safe!"

trigger TTS sync "SSBlastHurt" "@trash@ The air around you ignites." "Move failed!"
trigger TTS sync "SSArrowHurt" "@trash@ You are struck by a kyv's arrow." "Struck by arrow!"
trigger TTS sync "SSRingHurt" "@trash@ biting into your fingers." "Ring fail!"
trigger TTS sync "SSWeapHurt" "@trash@ searing your hands!" "Weapon exploded!"
G'luck!

-- Oedwak