Working as intended?

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Aack
GamingTools Subscriber

Working as intended?

Post by Aack » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:18 pm

I am running Lavish EQPN, loaded it before running EQ, have the icon in the system tray and show it under processes. However, processor use is still 94-100% with EQ minimized. Any thoughts?

Any instruction to uninstal prior EQPN version from Teqim?

Also, I donated $5 to Randi Fore May 26th. Can this be prorated off of a new annual subcription?

Thanks

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:22 pm

Yes your donation applies, send me an email with your name, email, date of payment and I will set you up.

When running EQPlayNice you now get a login box that pops up when you load EQ. If you enter your login information and do not see a message box afterward, EQPlayNice is working. If you have never seen the Lavish login box, then it is not working.

Aack
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aack » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:02 pm

Thanks.

Are you aware that if I exit EQPN while EQ is running it LDs the character?

I exited to download 1.07 and it closed down EQ window entirely. Not sure the old version did that.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:37 pm

The old version always did, I'm working on making it close gracefully :)

Tyrhael
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tyrhael » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:13 am

it s not working for me. whatever framerate i put it doesnt change anything.

since i cant change framerate i come to the conclusion that free eqpn dont do anything. the ini file is of no use and so is eqpn now for me.

i used it to 2 box, as the background eq wasnt running at real speed making the /pause of my macros lasting 20 times more than they should. eqpn used to solve this.

used to...

or, it s only me and eqpn dont work correctly for me, or the free version shouldnt even exist...

Tyrhael
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tyrhael » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:42 am

just noticed it crash explorer too...

all in all i hope uninstall remove all this crap now.

Fibus
Non-Subscriber

Post by Fibus » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:07 am

I noticed something with this version. If you run it with the default settings, it doesn't appear to work. However if you change the "mode" in the .ini file from 1 (default, limits fps) to 0 (limits cpu timing), it does appear to work.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:25 pm

The default configuration in EQPN 1.06 was set too high and people thought it didn't work :cry:

With 1.07 it automatically sets itself lower for Lite users.

Machder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Machder » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:38 pm

EQ Play Nice v1.09... Using it, I have

1) Internet Explorer crashes
2) CPU still running at 100%

Do paid members get a different version of EQ Play Nice? $34 bucks with all honestly is a slap in the face for a program this simple, but I'm willing to overlook the price tag for a proper service. I also am curious how you folks verify that the money received via paypal is indeed credited to the proper user? Frankly, anyone can go on the boards and claim premium membership as far as I see it.

-Lukas

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:46 pm

No, those people post on their own. The posts on the board have nothing to do with payments. Each payment is taken care of via email.

EQPlayNice is not the only program in the subscription. More products are being added soon, even. I can't help you with internet explorer crashes, but as far as CPU you may simply need to lower the MaxBackgroundFPS setting in EQPlayNice.ini. It defaults to 20, but depending on your system you may need to lower it to 15 or 10. Also, if you do not log in to the server, EQPlayNice will act as though it is not running. A login box should pop up when you start EQ.

Machder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Machder » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:03 am

Put it to 15... still at 100% - 98%. Will try 10 tomorow. It's odd, versions under 6 used to work just fine. Another quick question, can you elaborate on the procedure I'd go through after submitting my payment of $34, including how would I magically turn on my FPS display, etc? I know this information is there somewhere but my mind is so fried from books today that if I have to find another thing on the internet I'll go ballistic. College will do that to you :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:08 am

Did you successfully authenticate? If you never saw the login box, EQPlayNice will just sit there and not initialize. You may need to pre-authenticate.

And its $36 for a MMOTools subscription :)

All you need to magically turn on the FPS display and Rendering Limiter is to successfully authenticate, after having the subscription activated by me.

Machder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Machder » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:14 am

Very good Lax. I'll strongly consider premium subscription. In the meantime, minimizing EQ helped a lot, lol. Yes it was pre-authenticated (have it set on auto). Thank you again for your speedy replies =)