Problem logging into EQPN

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

grawill
Non-Subscriber

Problem logging into EQPN

Post by grawill » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:26 am

Currently using EQPN v1.15 and have a problem logging in. I'm tring to use the lite version and if my reading is correct, lite is free as long as you have registered with the forums board. I have registed and have no problems logging into the forums, using the same username and password I have only been able to log into EQPN once or twice. All other times I get a message "Authentication failed (-16)." Am I doing something wrong?

-Grawill

PS.. I am connecting to the internet via satillite from Iraq. I don't think that is an issue because I am able to surf the net and play EQ when not running EQPN. Thanks!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:55 am

Hmmm -16 was supposed to be removed completely I believe. Unfortunately I can't look deeper for a problem in the code until Wednesday. It's likely a latency issue. You may just need to keep trying, I'll see if I can be of more help when I return home.

grawill
Non-Subscriber

Post by grawill » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:27 pm

thanks for the responce. Given my internet connection, that is more then likely the case. Would this be the same reason I am unable to box EQ via EQW v2.47?

Best wishes to you and your family.
Grawill..

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:51 am

EQW 2.47 doesnt have the same authentication system that WinEQ uses. It doesn't do any, actually. So I'm not sure why EQW wouldnt work for you :) JSD has stopped supporting it, and a lot of people experience issues with it. This was one of the original reasons WinEQ was developed

grawill
Non-Subscriber

Post by grawill » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:14 pm

here is what I do.. perhaps I'm doing it wrong..

1.. start windows
2.. run EQPN
3.. run EQW 2.47
4.. EQW window opens then EQPN loging pops up.
5.. Login to EQPN (may or may not get error as stated before)
6.. pending EQPN login works.. I can play EQ.
7.. run EQW again for second account and EQPN login pops up again.
8.. don't recall error.. but it always auto closes the second session on EQW.

Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong..
PS.. Any way you can think of paying for your programs from Baghdad, Iraq?? No CC out here and no banks.. /shrug

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:45 am

That should work fine, probably unexpected transmission problems with your system. Normally, the EQPN login box isn't supposed to show up for your second session, and particularly not if you set it to automatically log in. Although it will do it whenever it has a problem it doesn't know how to automatically handle.

If I can get that working for you and then you wish to subscribe from Iraq, the best I can offer you is the postal address on the subscribe page. Print the form and send it filled out with payment (USD please, no dinar here :) ) to the address shown on the form.