eqplaynice broken?

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

grokk
Non-Subscriber

eqplaynice broken?

Post by grokk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 am

I am using EQPlayNice Lite, for the first time. I downloaded it, installed it, registered a user ID, and ran it. When I run Everquest, I get an error saying that this version of EverQuest is not currently supported etc. Unfortunately the version information is "" - just two quotes, no string.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it broken and I should just be patient and check for a new version now and then?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:15 am

EQPlayNice works fine with most versions of EQ1 except for the Test Server. Interesting that you have this issue though, are you trying to run a really old version of EQ1 or something?

grokk
Non-Subscriber

info

Post by grokk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:51 am

Not that I know of! I run from the shortcut on my desktop, which runs C:\Everquest\Everquest.exe in the C:\Everquest directory. As it comes up it always checks Launcher, then takes me to the login screen. I enter my pw and log in. It is at that point that EQPlayNice interrupts and says "This version of EverQuest is not currently supported" etc., with the null version information. At that point EQ is displaying the server select screen.

I also tried running eqgame.exe directly. That just gives me an error saying I should run everquest.exe instead.

I'm running EQPLayNice [v1.20] according to the tooltip, and I'm logged in to the Lavish server.

grokk
Non-Subscriber

Post by grokk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:44 pm

WinEQ Lite seems to work fine. It is only standalone EQPlayNice Lite that doesn't work.