Missing pixles.

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Ryptyde
Non-Subscriber

Missing pixles.

Post by Ryptyde » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:38 am

I am using EQPN v 1.13. Before 2 weeks ago i never had any problems with it. Then i started getting missing pixls that would come and go randomly. It makes characters look they been shot by bullets and chunks of them are missing...npc's too. The ground, sky and world objects have some of the pixl errors but far less, and are barely noticable. I am wondering why my eqpn would be doing this. It just started about 2 weeks ago and comes and goes randomly. On rare occasions it completely jumbles up everything where you can read and text or see anything in the world really. I noticed u said somewhere that you fixed the missing pixl's bug's on wineq but i am still gettin it for some reason. I am running windows xp and using eqpn and eqw (the latest verson...cant use wineq cause i get mss dll file problem since about 0.98 and up) i got the latest nvidia drivers that came out july 21st and everything is up to date, latest eqpn and latest eqw. Any clues as to what would eliminate this problem? also recently it usually only happens to one of my two screen that are going. one will stay completely fine and one will get the graphics bug usually. Any help or solutions would be much appreciated...keep up the good work man...you rock[/img]

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:44 am

Are you running 2 EQ sessions? Missing textures are caused by lack of physical texture memory. In fact, if you use enough texture memory before you enter character select on your 2nd session, EQ will not be able to start and WinEQ will explain that DirectX9 refused to start because it ran out of texture memory.

Post WinEQ.log and this may prove or disprove that this is the case.