Did SoE see the light? Eqplaynice features on test

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Yilyen
Non-Subscriber

Did SoE see the light? Eqplaynice features on test

Post by Yilyen » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:17 pm

From test's patch message:
The EverQuest process is now more friendly. There is also a slider bar to set your Max. FPS. in the Options window under display settings. This will free up more resources while running EQ. Also, when EQ loses focus it will use less resources.

We'll have to see how effective this is, and what interaction eqplaynice will have when using the new builtin option. The lite version might become useless or if Sony doesn't insert pauses may still be very useful.

Having TWO framerate limiters might be a real mess though if they fight with each other. However the Pro version allowing a framerate of like 1 fps in the background was a real help on CPU usage and thus the Pro version may still do a much better job when 2boxing.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:50 pm

csivils
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Did SoE see the light? Eqplaynice features on test

Post by csivils » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:13 pm

Yilyen wrote:From test's patch message:
The EverQuest process is now more friendly. There is also a slider bar to set your Max. FPS. in the Options window under display settings. This will free up more resources while running EQ. Also, when EQ loses focus it will use less resources.

We'll have to see how effective this is, and what interaction eqplaynice will have when using the new builtin option. The lite version might become useless or if Sony doesn't insert pauses may still be very useful.

Having TWO framerate limiters might be a real mess though if they fight with each other. However the Pro version allowing a framerate of like 1 fps in the background was a real help on CPU usage and thus the Pro version may still do a much better job when 2boxing.
Any news on what the recommended settings are to use "SOE trying to playnice" and EQ Playnice?

Craig

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:31 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the default EQPlayNice settings are still good. If we get any indication otherwise, I'll post about it and/or change the defaults.

csivils
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by csivils » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:10 am

I think I misworded my question. I'm happy with my EQPlaynice settings.

Do you recommend that I utilize the new SOE features, or turn them off and leave the playnice stuff to the professionals?

Craig

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:22 am

I'd leave it set at 100FPS in EQ.