CPU usage

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Darkfury
GamingTools Subscriber

CPU usage

Post by Darkfury » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:51 pm

Firstly, I just got back from a long break and am just now getting set back up in EQ with your new software.

When running EQplaynice, as long as EQ is in the background windows my CPU averages 15% , however with EQ in the foreground it runs from 65 to 100%. Is that the intent of the program, to just hinder the background windows to allow more CPU for the foreground? Sorry if that sounds like a retarted question, but I am an auto mechanic and am not too familiar with computer software or source codes.

Also, I am noticing that lag has increased greatly when running two sessions, compared to 4 months ago when I was using your old EQplaynice and EQW. Before I could auto run my background session and he would follow nicely, now he is lost in 10 steps. If there is any tweaking I can do to remedy this, please advise me. ( I did drop the backgroundFPS to 5 in hopes t o aleviate some lag )

Lastly, I think it was a wise decision to make upgraded versions for those that subscribe. You put a lot of time and effort into this software and deserve reimbursment. I myself will be subscribing in the next couple of days after I make sure I can get everything running correctly.

Thank you for any response,

Darkfury

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:32 pm

Yes, the intent of the program currently is to reduce the CPU usage of the background EQ sessions. The foreground setting by default is to limit the framerate, while still allowing the system and background programs to correctly run. This is configurable in EQPlayNice.ini.

Lag increased with two sessions because the Rendering Limiter has been moved to a subscriber-only feature. This is the feature that allowed you to cleanly /autofollow :)

Thank you for your interest, I look forward to serving you in the future.

Darkfury
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Darkfury » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:07 pm

ok, thank you so much for your reply Lax. So far everything is running quite smoothly. Very well done, I like your subsitute for EQW, many parameters to play with. I am currently in game now, as soon as I am done with EQ today I will send out for the subscription :)

Darkfury
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Darkfury » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:20 pm

One more question. I use two EQ directories so that I can lower graphics settings and have models turned off on my shman bot. All I did was make an alternate profile to open WinEQ in pathed to the other directory. Is there anything else I should do to help it run smoother? Any settings in ini that pertain to that?

Darkfury
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Darkfury » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:44 pm

Payment sent via PayPal.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:24 pm

Now that your subscription is set up I'm sure you'll find that it runs very smoothly. Let me know if you experience any problems :)