eqplaynice lite (having problems starting it up )

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

zulug420
Non-Subscriber

eqplaynice lite (having problems starting it up )

Post by zulug420 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:38 am

not sure what im doin wrong i play EQ1 downloaded eqplaynice lite, it worked the first time just fine, saw the red * in corner. Cant say i noticed a diffrence in game play at all tho. but since then i have been haveing trouble getting it to work. EQplaynice.dat downloads quickly then _EQplaynice.txt downloads fine then the lavishpatcher.exe goes off and gets stuck at 98-99% then dissapers and nothing happens no red * doesnt start nothing. Other night i patched it like 8 times and it finnaly started up but been so faustrating i raided without it cause didnt feel like sitting here clicking it over and over until it works. Any help would be apperciated, Thanks ZULUG

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:20 am

Interesting that it would fail to properly download and run the patcher on your system. Do you not have administrator priveleges? What version of Windows are you running? Do you have all windows updates and service packs for it?

As of now, I've updated the EQPlayNice installer to include the patcher and EQPlayNice.txt so they should not need to download in future installations. You can re-download EQPlayNice (clear your browser cache first, or it will probably just give you the one you already have downoladed) and run the installer.

On a side note, you appear to live nearby. Happen to be in the Grand Rapids area? (Lavish Software is in Grandville)

zulug420
Non-Subscriber

Post by zulug420 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 pm

useing windows xp with all updates and service packs, got it to run again today but literaly had to click 12 times and let them run at same time this time i got a could not download (-17) and and (-3) message first time ive seen that but atleast it ran. Just tyed to get it to work a bunch of times now and it failed every time. Gunna delte and redownload to see if that helps and ya i live in East lansing. ZULUG

zulug420
Non-Subscriber

Post by zulug420 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:04 pm

well it seems to be working ok now reinstaling the software seemed to help if it starts to happen again ill post till then hopefully im all set.

Thanks Zulug