How does one know?

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

coaldain
Non-Subscriber

How does one know?

Post by coaldain » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Hey all, and btw great job with the program!

Now I just found out about this EQPN a few weeks ago, just before you merged to this server. Having the FPS view was a huge PLUS.

Now I know that we all need to make a buck, but why take the FPS out? What if that person never used a program such as this and wants to see if it really does help the FPS?

Is it possible just to have it run 5 start up times and then goes back to the "*" on the Lite version?

Not trying to be negative, sorry if it sounds that way....

Thanks,

Coal :twisted:

coaldain
Non-Subscriber

Post by coaldain » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:23 pm

The FPS meter was introduced at the same time as the Rendering Limiter. For the first 4 months of the year, EQPlayNice users gauged its usefulness by looking at the Windows task manager. This is what EQPlayNice Lite users are to do now once again. I think as free users, you should be happy that it functions exactly the same as it did then.
DOH, insert foot in mouth, sry I didn't see this msg till after I posted.

I still like the "5 times" Idea....

Thanks again,

Coal

Hannibal
Site Admin

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:18 pm

EQPlayNice Lite receives an ON/OFF indicator

By popular request, EQPlayNice Lite has received a small in-game indication that it is indeed working. Rather than the FPS indicator given to MMOTools Subscribers, our free EQPlayNice Lite users will see a red * in its place. This * is only visible when the Network Status indicator is turned on in EQ (Hit F11 to toggle). You do not need to re-download EQPlayNice. This feature is automatically picked up from our authentication server.