Lax Re: Innerspace

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

slowandstupid
Non-Subscriber

Lax Re: Innerspace

Post by slowandstupid » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:14 pm

My subscription has run out, and I have recently returned to playing WoW. Unfortunately, I cannot post my question in the correct forums, so I am trying here. I wanted some information before I decided whether or not to renew my subscription.

Running ISXWoW used to be like running MQ2, if you didn't do anything stupid, you weren't going to get caught. However I remember as my playing of WoW was winding down, I started seeing posts about people being caught by Warden. My question is this, is Warden now able to detect when you run ISXWoW regardless of whether you are running scripts with it, or are people getting caught because of certain scripts they run and their behavior? I am comfortable with the risk of getting caught if you do something stupid but not with getting caught just by starting up the extension.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:15 pm

Running ISXWoW used to be like running MQ2, if you didn't do anything stupid, you weren't going to get caught. However I remember as my playing of WoW was winding down, I started seeing posts about people being caught by Warden. My question is this, is Warden now able to detect when you run ISXWoW regardless of whether you are running scripts with it, or are people getting caught because of certain scripts they run and their behavior? I am comfortable with the risk of getting caught if you do something stupid but not with getting caught just by starting up the extension.
Warden is specifically designed to detect loaded hacks or cheats, which includes ISXWoW. ISXWoW was not impervious to Warden until I wrote ISXWarden, and even then there was some bugs under certain circumstances that allowed detection. Those bugs have been fixed and there hasnt been many bans. ISXWarden tracks the different variations of Warden (each time they change the actual content -- version -- of Warden, they make sure to make hundreds of actual copies that are only slightly different -- variations) through what we call WardenNet. This lets me, and everyone else see when they've activated a new version of Warden: http://www.ismods.com/warden/
When they do activate a new version of Warden, ISXWarden can terminate the process and notify the user (and there's some other protection mechanisms)

Anyway, plenty of people did get banned a few months ago, but it's been pretty quiet since ISXWarden.