EQW and EQPN issue

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

hummench
Non-Subscriber

EQW and EQPN issue

Post by hummench » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:37 am

I can't seem to be able to open up more than 1 session of EQW. When I launch the 2nd EQW session, EQPN asks for authenication, but it keeps failing. I know I typed in my user and pw correctly.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or know a why to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:01 pm

1) Are you using EQPlayNice 1.13? If not, get it.
2) What authentication error specifically?

hummench
Non-Subscriber

Post by hummench » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:17 pm

i am using 1.13

the login for authenication keeps popping up. it doesn't go away.

I have it automatically pre-authenicated, but the login keeps popping up whenever I launch the 2nd EQW. I tried typing my user and pw more than 15 times, and the login windows just keeps on popping back up.

I know i'm authenicated because my first EQW has the *.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:44 pm

Okay. I believe I have this problem solved. I found a little but in the server with sessions expiring immediately rather than in 15 minutes, that would cause this specific set of events. It is probably the reason for some other issues that have been worked around.

I restarted the server after fixing this bug, let me know if you have any further issues.

hummench
Non-Subscriber

Post by hummench » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:06 pm

it is still doing the same thing.

also, any reason why the authenticate window pop on 2nd EQW, when the first one is authenicated and it should be automatic since the auto box is checked.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:25 pm

The authenticate window pops up any time that it completely fails to authenticate. There is only two possibilities that would cause it to pop up multiple times, and that is a) the dll on your machine could not retain the session information, and b) the server is reporting to your client that the session has expired. I will look deeper into the problem, thank you for your patience and explanations while I fix this for you.

hummench
Non-Subscriber

Post by hummench » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:12 am

could this be happening because of a firewall?

hummench
Non-Subscriber

Post by hummench » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:18 am

Also is it possible for EQPN not to shut down my EQ if it doesn't authenicate. Right now I can't use EQPN if I want more than one EQ session running, since everytime I launch my 2nd EQ, it asks for authenication but can't and EQPN automatically shut downs my 2nd EQ, leaving the 1st one still running. It defeats the purpose of the program if it fails to allow me to use it.

Machder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Machder » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:45 pm

Looks like SoE is looking into incorporating EQ Play Nice clone into EverQuest. You can choose to limit FPS and it releases processor power when in the background. This should be nice.