Few problems with EQPN

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Kuros

Few problems with EQPN

Post by Kuros » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:19 pm

Hello,

First, thanks for all the hard work you've done on EQPN! I plan to subscribe soon as you have an alternate method to PayPal..

Anyway, I'm having a few problems...I have two machines.

Machine 1:
Athlon XP 2800+ (2ghz)
1gig DDR ram
GeForce FX 5200

I can not log in over 2 characters, and I used to be able to box 3 or 4 on this comp. Anytime I try, I get either the "eqgame.exe has crashed, etc" error, or if it DOES load, the graphics are severely messed up. Text shows as colored blocks, I cannot see the ground, 2-4 fps...etc. Two characters works fine and dandy, except for the occasional eqgame.exe crash (on a sidenote, I've discovered this happend more often when ALT+TABbing while it is to char select or loading the initial login screen...).

I have the most up to date drivers and dx9 on this computer.

Machine 2:
Pentium 800mhz
512 RAM
GeForce MX 440

Again, up to date drivers and dx9.

Frame rate is *extremely* slow when using 2 toons, and the CPU usage does not change with or without EQPN. It is always 80ish%. Two boxing causes extremely low (10-15 fps) fps, and jerky movement.

This is all the same with or without WinEQ on both comps. I've tried setting the max FPS of BG instances to 5, didn't change anything. I primarily want to be able to 3 box again on my Athlon.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated, and thanks again for all your hard work.

Kuros

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:29 pm

Hello. Within the last few hours I added an indicator to EQPlayNice that it is in fact correctly loaded. This feature is handled automatically by our license server, so you do not need to re-download EQPlayNice if you are already using 1.10. If you enter the game right now and have the network status indicator turned on (F11 to toggle), you should see a * below it. If you do not see this *, then EQPlayNice has not correctly loaded.

There are no known issues directly with EQPlayNice, as long as it is able to authenticate. If you have never seen the Lavish Software login box, right-click on the EQPlayNice icon in the system tray and select Pre-Authenticate. This will pop up the login box. Enter the same credentials you use for the forums, and it will either authenticate you or pop up a message that it failed. You can also tell it to automatically authenticate you by checking the box.

Let me know if this helps :)

Kuros

Post by Kuros » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:48 pm

It says EQPN is active, I see the asterik. Still can't load up more than two. I'll try getting 3 login screens up first, then all 3 to char select screen, then log all three in...

Kuros

Post by Kuros » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:59 pm

Ok, that didn't work, but if I don't use WinEQ, I can do 3 just fine with 1.10.

Also, can we snail mail you a MO or something to subscribe?

THanks for your help

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:02 pm

Okay. On to the crash issue and the graphics issue.

Rowyl recently worked on this type of thing, and noted that missing textures were probably a result of not handling video memory shortages gracefully. My suggestion is to turn off all textures other than your own + horse, any time you want to multi-box, with or without EQPlayNice. This will increase performance overall, and decrease the required amount of video memory.

Information about the crash should be found in DBG.TXT (not debug.txt) in your EverQuest directory. Look for a line that says "Fatal error in main thread". If you find it, paste that line along with the next 10 lines or so here. If not, grab the final 10 lines or so of the file, and paste them.

I may be able to use this information to solve the problem

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:03 pm

Okay glad to hear with WinEQ it works properly. :)

I am working on moving to a new location. After that takes place I will have a PO box available to mail money order payments to. I expect early to mid-august. Thank you for your patience :)

KurrurinTheMonk
Non-Subscriber

Post by KurrurinTheMonk » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:28 pm

Not sure if this is related or not but i DLed the new version and pre authenticated or whatever and it accepted the info and everything logged in correctly but i do not see the * in the corner which means it loaded correctly so not sure what the situation is.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:33 pm

Should have been posted in a new thread but that's ok :) If you play EQ in full screen mode, without EQWindows or WinEQ, then you may completely miss an error message. I will have a new version up later today that should shut EQ down if it does not initialize properly.

KurrurinTheMonk
Non-Subscriber

Post by KurrurinTheMonk » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:52 am

Tried loading EQ with WinEQ and everything still loads fine and all but eqpn isnt running and there wasnt an error message or anything.

Eleven
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Eleven » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:31 pm

We are committed to solving any problems you may be experiencing. The new version of EQPlayNice should be available either tonight or tomorrow. :)
Eleven
Customer Support