SOE ban issues?

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

TyrReign
Non-Subscriber

SOE ban issues?

Post by TyrReign » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:47 am

I bought myself a tiptop pc and love the screenshots. Im tired of repeating the screenshot button. The vidcap sounds like it would fit what Im looking for. But Im not looking to be banned...

I understand the user agreements to all partys involved.

Anyone hear of anyone loseing their accounts? (no rumors please)

Someone know if theres a program out there that will take screenshots on/at intervals instead? maybe that would be more simple.

Thank you for any time and effort.

-Tyr

(Trying to remain law abideing :D )
(Hope this didnt post twice, Im new here)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:23 am

Well, video capture is something WinEQ (and WinEQ 2, and Inner Space) does, not EQPlayNice, but that's ok ;) Video capture is not something that SOE bans people for because it has literally nothing to do with the game, and in fact they would have no clue if you were capturing video. What they are looking for is stuff that alters game mechanics and such. For example, warping from one place to another or giving yourself other abilities that you arent supposed to have according to the rule set of the game. EQPlayNice has been looked at by SOE in the past and they said that it's not something they're going to look out for (ref: http://forums.gucomics.com/viewtopic.php?p=61723#61723 ). WinEQ and WinEQ 2 are essentially in the same boat as EQWindows, which SOE has banned for many years ago before windowing was available in the game itself, but they reversed each EQWindows ban and have not banned anyone for that since (ref: http://eq.stratics.com/content/news/arc ... 7159,31708, -- the link to the SOE dev notes are long gone since it's from december 2002).

I will tell you, WinEQ's video capture is designed to be efficient and easy to use, in order for the average user to be able to produce video captures. This is in contrast to FRAPS, which you can look at also. FRAPS is more difficult to use and stores the video in its own codec which would be required in order to view the movie, and must be separately encoded to another format to share it (or you end up with a huge file). WinEQ's process is slightly outdated compared to Inner Space, which allows you to encode the movies later. WinEQ forces the encoding immediately. WinEQ and Inner Space both encode to Windows Media format.

TyrReign
Non-Subscriber

Subscription Qs

Post by TyrReign » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:03 am

Ty Lax. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Maybe you can pin this in the winEQ2 thread?

I see that... "Payments are not automatically recurring". -This means that after 1 year, my subscription will end, yes? Will I be memo'd to renew?

Before I subscribe I would like to demo the vidcap. I am unable to locate the video capture in the peferences. Where do I find a trial version?

-Tyr

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:55 am

If you purchase a 1 year subscription then after 1 year, your subscription will end, yes. As it is now, the system will send you a notice 3 days before your subscription ends.

Video capture is only in the preferences for Pro users.