Just wondering

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Daenon

Just wondering

Post by Daenon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:52 am

I have the utmost respect for the creator of this program and I don't really care about the recent changes to it, it's his software, so if he needs something to pay the bills in his life, why not charge for this too?

However, I was wondering how it was possible to be charging for something that violates the EULA of the game it works with? That would be the same as being a subscriber to SEQ or something. Smedley might not have stuff like this on his radar, but I still think this is a rather strange situation.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:54 am

Are you aware that the Magelo premium updater also violates the EULA? And that the Lucy item collector also violates the EULA, which in turn feeds the Allakhazam premium subscribers?

Have fun :)

Himeo
Non-Subscriber

Post by Himeo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:00 am

Up until SoE allowed EQ to be alt+tabed out of, it was violating the EULA of Windows. Microsoft demands that all software for Windows allow alt+tabing out ofthe programs being run, if a program blocks alt+tabing they are liable to Microsoft. It just fits that SoE would get their balls out of the fire - allow alt+tabing - but not fix the processor consumption EQ uses when it's running in the background - effectively slowing computers down to a stand-still.