Crashing and graffick errors / blending!

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Feelgood
Non-Subscriber

Crashing and graffick errors / blending!

Post by Feelgood » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:30 pm

I can log in start up both windows ok, and they seems to be running just fine except some small grafic errors, some objects flasshing in and out of wiev. But then with no warning Comp reboots . . . . . Only happens on my new comp 3.6MHz P4 but not on my Old 2.0MHz P4.
Mainly happens in OOW zones, havent tried other zones and it can run fine for 20-30min. Same thing happens if I try EQW or just to run 2 windows with no support program.
Will it help me to supscripe to "GamingTools"? or should I change the resolution or somthing else thats better suported? runs both windows in 1280x1024
I hope u can help me out, I asked I my guild on KB, I am not the only one with this problem but no one could tell me how to fix it!

Docoe the stupid but happy warrior!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:49 pm

The reboot is most likely actually the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), but your Windows settings are preventing you from seeing it (it will flash very quickly and the computer will immediately restart). If you're using an NVIDIA graphics card, try turning on Vertex Shaders. It is popular to turn them off to reduce lag in OOW zones, but last year we announced a glitch in EQ that causes a BSOD when using an NVIDIA card with Vertex Shaders turned off.
Here is the link to the announcement, which by the way is our most popular thread: http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=862 (second-most popular is the announcement of Inner Space alpha)

Feelgood
Non-Subscriber

Post by Feelgood » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:36 pm

Yes u were absolutely correct, Thx a lot! turned ON Vertex Shades in the Advance Display option and chrshing problems stopped! I can truely say u are still my Hero :D

Docoe the stupid but happy warrior!