Is is working?

EQPlayNice Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

djehuti
Non-Subscriber

Is is working?

Post by djehuti » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:38 pm

I just tried this out and I enter my user name and password and well..nothing happens. I open up EQ and play and then Alt/enter..isnt there supposed to be a box that opens when eq does?
Djehuti 65th Dread Lord

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:40 pm

Try pre-authenticating by right clicking on the EQPlayNice tray icon and selecting Pre-Authenticate

Takken
Non-Subscriber

Trouble

Post by Takken » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:17 pm

I seem to be having a problem when loading EQ (specifically with EQW, haven't tried norm) with EqPlayNice running. Upon starting EQW's EQsession, I instantly get an eqgame.exe error and the instance crashes. Sorry if this has already been stated.

If you need more information on the problem or my computer, ask - I'll try to remember to check back, else email me.

Daenon

Post by Daenon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:54 am

Think you could add a big blinking light that says "Authentication Successful" for us dumbnuts who want confirmation for everything Lax? :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:41 am

Big blinking light, I'll look into that :)

Stormycloud
Non-Subscriber

Post by Stormycloud » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:43 am

that says Authentication Successful Dumbnuts... Oh yeah I want to see this

djehuti
Non-Subscriber

Post by djehuti » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:24 pm

still not working :cry:
Djehuti 65th Dread Lord

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Hello, I have yet to implement the big blinking light. Thank you for your patience :D

Seriously though. Okay, let's work on this. If you pre-authenticate or are able to enter your login information when you start EQ, EQPlayNice should be working. Enter the game and open up EQPlayNice.ini. Set MaxBackgroundFPS=1 (it should say 20 for you). If you're running Windows 2000 or XP, you will be able to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and check the task manager to see how much CPU time EQ is using. With MaxBackgroundFPS=1 you should see very little CPU usage from EQGAME.EXE, as well as a noticeable slowness when looking at the EQ screen while it is not the focus application.

I will see about adding a different indicator that EQPlayNice Lite is working.

Aendiil
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Trouble

Post by Aendiil » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:00 pm

Takken wrote:I seem to be having a problem when loading EQ (specifically with EQW, haven't tried norm) with EqPlayNice running. Upon starting EQW's EQsession, I instantly get an eqgame.exe error and the instance crashes. Sorry if this has already been stated.

If you need more information on the problem or my computer, ask - I'll try to remember to check back, else email me.

I am having the same problem, dunno if you have gotten it to work if so let me know. Maybe there is something i am missing here. Running WEQ .997 and EQPN 1.10

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:03 pm

Try running WinEQ without EQPN, and EQPN without WinEQ. If it crashes one way and not the other, then we've narrowed down which is causing you the problem. If the problem is in WinEQ, open WinEQ.LOG found in your WinEQ directory and paste the last 10-15 lines. This may help identify the problem. In either case, EQ's DBG.TXT file may provide useful information as well. Open that file and find the last instance of "fatal error in main thread". If there is one, paste that line along with the next 10-15 lines after it and it may yield useful information.

Thanks for your patience and help resolving these issues. :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:39 pm

I have implemented the big blinking light. Well, its not a light and it's not blinking, but it is an indication inside the game that EQPlayNice Lite is working. You do not need to re-download, simply restart EQ and EQPlayNice will automatically get this feature from our server. Where you would have seen the FPS indicator in the past, you will see a red *

Aendiil
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aendiil » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:51 pm

Turned off EQPN and it worked fine after that, not sure why. Oh well EQPN isn't that big a deal, i'd rather have wineq.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:05 pm

I would like to solve the problem in case it happens to others that do want EQPlayNice :) If you can cause the crash again, open up DBG.TXT (not debug.txt) in your EverQuest directory and find the last instance of "Fatal error in main thread". If you find that line, paste me that line and the next 10-15 lines or so. If not, grab the last 10-15 lines of the file and paste them to me. Hopefully I will be able to use that information to narrow down and solve the problem.

Thanks

Aminna

Post by Aminna » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:53 pm

I downloaded v1.10 and entered my msg board login/pass in the "Authenticate window" and didn't get an error but don't see a red * when logged in.

Aminna
Last edited by Aminna on Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:55 pm

If you play EQ in full screen mode without WinEQ or EQWindows, you may miss the message box. I will be putting up an update this weekend that will cause EQPlayNice to shut EQ down if it failed to initialize. Sorry for any confusion and thank you for your patience :)