enhancement suggestions

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

litewave
GamingTools Subscriber

enhancement suggestions

Post by litewave » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 pm

2 ideas come to mind,

1) when you open the console, a menu with quick commands (ie for those things you type in often) yeah lazy typist here :P

2) session isolation. or be able to group some sessions together, so that "ALL" from any of those grouped sessions are the only ones to receive the broadcast. Handy for when you use scripts that use "relay all", rather than sending to only the sessions you are using in said group, maybe add a *:all for when one really wants all sessions to get said commands...

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:50 pm

2) session isolation. or be able to group some sessions together, so that "ALL" from any of those grouped sessions are the only ones to receive the broadcast. Handy for when you use scripts that use "relay all", rather than sending to only the sessions you are using in said group, maybe add a *:all for when one really wants all sessions to get said commands...
RelayGroup is the command you're looking for. You can put sessions in a group and then relay to this group instead of "all", if your intent is not actually for something to go to "all"...

Code: Select all

relaygroup -join "group A"
relaygroup -join "group B"
relaygroup -leave "group A"
relay "group B" do something

Additionally, there are other mechanics you can use when targeting the relay command. The ISBoxer web site has a detailed table with examples: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target#Advanced ... _mechanics. Note that ISBoxer calls a RelayGroup an Action Target Group -- it is the same thing.

litewave
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by litewave » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 am

ah cool, but i was thinking of the scripts that run through various extensions that one has no source to modify. Looks like i may have to write my own lol.

thanks.