Inner space unable to launch eve online

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

rapterf22
GamingTools Subscriber

Inner space unable to launch eve online

Post by rapterf22 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:15 pm

i added the game in inner space by dragging the shortcut to the game executible window in the add game to inner space prompt. that part was easy but now when i try to launch my team or test the game launch throught inner space i get the launcher for eve online has stopped working error with :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: evelauncher.exe
Application Version: 4.0.106.9348
Application Timestamp: 57c7fb2c
Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 524f7ce6
Exception Offset: 000a46bb
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 668f
Additional Information 2: 668f9a1f39a0c30e761bdd5386ee0d54
Additional Information 3: 02e5
Additional Information 4: 02e5345729627187b2f43c6338fa80c1

when i launch the game normally it works fine. and before you post to turn off the DEP for inner space or eve online the program won't let me even as administrator. i am running windows 7 os any help at this point would be much appreceated. I tried bypassing the launcher but ccp games has blocked being able to log in via the client so we are stuck with the eve online launcher as of sept 20, 2016.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Here's what we know...

I've only heard from about 3, maybe 4 people with this issue. This is not a common issue.

Inner Space does, currently, support the EVE Launcher. MSVCR120.dll itself is not the issue and you do not need a new version of the file -- your version is current.

The "BEX" code means a Buffer Overflow exception is occurring. This is probably happening from something calling into a MSVCR120.dll function and giving it bad data.

So far, none of the people reporting this issue have found a solution (or at least, none have reported that they have).
------------------

Here's possible current solutions for you:

1. Both of the crash reports I've seen on this have been on Windows 7 -- it's entirely possible you can work around it by switching to Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. It's also possible that a Windows Update may solve the problem.

2. You can use a non-standard EVE Launcher. There is an open source launcher at https://github.com/Playos/IsBridgeUp that I hear works. There's an older one called CLILauncher that is now out of date and I'm not sure is still useful. Neither of these launchers load MSVCR120.dll. I will caution that IsBridgeUp, as currently designed, stores your passwords "encrypted" alongside the necessary decryption information -- meaning that it is not actually secure to allow it to store your passwords, if an attacker were to gain access to your settings file. (The attacker would be able to recover your plaintext passwords without any further secrets.)

Neither IsBridgeUp nor CLILauncher support 2-factor authentication.

------------------------

I am also working on my own open source EVE Launcher, which should integrate better with ISBoxer, and hopefully not have glaring security issues for those using it (... and also support 2fa). Information on this launcher will be available fairly soon.

rapterf22
GamingTools Subscriber

You were right about updating.

Post by rapterf22 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Ok so i guess thats my fault for not specifing that i had just re-installed win7 and tried running innerspace on a copy of win7 with no updates. After i finally got the dam thing to download and install the 256 updates from the windows website the program started to launch eve without an issue. Again thanks for the insight and tell the other users that updating the operating system does work.

maxta
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by maxta » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:30 am

I had the exact same error,

I updated IE 8 to IE 11, restarted PC and it fixed the issue

ex0a
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ex0a » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:42 am

Check out the ISBoxer (or independant) EVE launcher created by Lax @ https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher