Everquest Windows will not respond if I click elsewhere..

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Nephel
GamingTools Subscriber

Everquest Windows will not respond if I click elsewhere..

Post by Nephel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 am

Hello,

I have tried searching but not sure how to describe the issue I am having to do a thorough search.

The situation is I have 4 active windows Up and when I try to view another window... does not matter what it is.. Internet... computer desktop etc when I go back to one of my 4 windows of EQ.. its a 50/50 chance if I can control the screen or not.

If I cannot its like i can only right click.. nothing else responds...
I have to exit the game and restart...

I have tried reloading through ISBoxer but still does not help..

Any suggestions?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:11 am

If we're going to continue with ISBoxer tech support I would prefer this conversation actually be at isboxer.com (for example in the EQ forum), where other ISBoxer users may be looking for the same information or someone else with the answer can even chime in (including my paid help)... Sticky: ISBoxer questions? Please post them on isboxer.com

It's hard to say what is happening without more information -- I can't be sure for example that you haven't managed to set background game windows to Always On Top and the main to not. That would be a pretty confusing experience and probably make it hard to do anything.

It could be that a modifier key (ctrl, shift, alt) for some reason is acting like it's still held, in which case you could reset the behavior by pressing each of those keys manually. If this is what's happening we could be able to work out what is happening to solve the problem ...

It could be other software running on your PC somehow interfering.

So at this point I'd say a) share your configuration (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing) and b) grab me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics.