Bug [Everquest] Cannot load any profiles that use launchpad

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

meggen
GamingTools Subscriber

Bug [Everquest] Cannot load any profiles that use launchpad

Post by meggen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't know why, but for last few days I have not been able to launch any character profiles that use the Everquest Launchpad.

I can use any profile that bypasses the launchpad (eqgame.exe patchme)

I looked at the bug reporting guidelines and didnt see any specific files you needed so if there is anything you need let me know, and where to send it.

Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Only the last few days? Nothing has changed on our end in the last few days unless you're using the development build of Inner Space.

There's not really a common bug reporting system unless you're using ISBoxer. If you are, then totally post on ISBoxer.com and follow the suggested guidelines there (ISBoxer includes specific diagnostic tools, in this case "Diagnostics for game crashes" would be the info I want)

Based on the timing (last few days, prior to an Inner Space or EQ1 patch) and that the launchpad works fine for me, I would probably first guess that Windows may have automatically applied compatibility settings to launchpad.exe. This might be a hidden setting stored in the Registry. This is one of the things that the ISBoxer diagnostics show ;)

Assuming you're not using ISBoxer, look for those flags under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

If it's there it's a value in one of those keys with the path and filename of the launchpad.

Otherwise I'd be shutting down other running software to see if something makes a difference.

meggen
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by meggen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Might be a week or so, I don't use the patcher for my characters (we had one character that was bugged and had to use the patcher).

I'll check those flags and see if anything is there.

I thought maybe it was an x64 issue (I just found the post about that and started using it) but I ran the non x64 version and still had same issue.

I'll investigate and see what I can find.

Ang.