Trouble Running 3 Groups of Characters in EQ

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

matthewhuneycutt
GamingTools Subscriber

Trouble Running 3 Groups of Characters in EQ

Post by matthewhuneycutt » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:06 am

I apologize for the very generic "issue", but want to start out generic hoping its a pretty simple issue, then go from there.

I regularly run 2 groups of characters in EQ, using innerspace. I recently started a 3rd group to add to the mix, but I'm having performance issues. I've ran open hardware monitor, as well as watched my resources in my task manager, and my RAM and processors never really got about 60% utilization except during loading. If I close isboxer and load the toons up manually, I dont have any of the lag, and my pc resources still look the same. Any suggestions on things to try? I've uninstalled/reinstalled both IS and EQ multiple times. Thanks.

[/img]

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 am

I highly recommend the isboxer.com forum for any and all ISBoxer related questions, including this one. For ISBoxer questions if you post on isboxer.com instead or go to the ISBoxer Chat Room, you'll potentially get help from other users who have dealt with the same problem. Posting on lavishsoft.com you're almost guaranteed to only get a response from me personally. ISBoxer.com forums are syndicated, notifying the ISBoxer Chat Room, showing up at the bottom of the ISBoxer window, etc. and most importantly, it is a very active forum dedicated to all things ISBoxer with many regulars who play EQ1.

But ...

When you say "performance issues" does this mean "low FPS" or "game is slow to respond to casting/etc"? I'm going to assume "low FPS". How low is it?

You say RAM and processors didn't go over 60%, are you including GPU in that? Do you have 1 GPU or more than 1 GPU? Do you have multiple monitors? (if yes, what version of Windows are you on?)

Can you share your ISBoxer configuration? http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

matthewhuneycutt
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by matthewhuneycutt » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks for the response. Might be newborn of me but wasn't sure I'd this was considered a isboxer question or a innerspace :) So np I'll head over there!!