Launch ISBoxer set or slot from another exe

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Me.Name
GamingTools Subscriber

Launch ISBoxer set or slot from another exe

Post by Me.Name » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 pm

What is the best way to have a separate executable launch an ISBoxer character set or slot from an already running InnerSpace Uplink? I'm working on an Eve Online settings synchronizer/manager in C#, and I'd love to have it tell InnerSpace to launch sets/slots. Doing this when launching InnerSpace is easy with console arguments.

I guessed this was more InnerSpace related so asked here. Let me know if I should ask on isboxer.com

Thanks for your help!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 pm

If Inner Space is already running, and you pass those same command line arguments to it, it will send the command to the already running process.

Me.Name
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Me.Name » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Is that the same as using the ISBoxer generated shortcuts while InnerSpace is running? Tried that and couldn't get it to work. Haven't tried it from C# though.

Thanks for the fast reply Lax!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes, that is what ISBoxer does. Keep in mind ISBoxer is doing it as Administrator, and if your app is not then that will affect it.

However, here is a thread that will help you, regardless of whether your app is running as Administrator or not: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11124#p11124

Me.Name
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Me.Name » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm

Still no gravy, but I need to try at home. Very possible my work computer is messing with me. I have local admin but tower is on a domain, and I'm running IS & Eve through a SSH tunnel.

Thanks for the link. Will try again later.

Me.Name
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Me.Name » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 am

Got it to work.
When you create a shortcut for a single slot by right-clicking a slot in ISBoxer, it creates the shortcut with a slot number as if it was zero based (Slot 1 shortcut ended in "0"). Changed it to 1 and all is well.

Thanks for the IS-command.exe. It is nice not triggering UAC just to send command to an already elevated running IS.

Just in case anyone else needs the code, here is what I used for testing:

Code: Select all

Process p = new Process()
{
    StartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo(
        @"C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe",
        "run isboxer -launchslot \"character_set_name\" 1")
};
p.Start();
Appreciate the fast help!
Have a good night.