AVG Detects as identity threat and moves to vault

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

mostunknown
GamingTools Subscriber

AVG Detects as identity threat and moves to vault

Post by mostunknown » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:35 pm

This keeps happening and avg keeps moving it to the vault. I set an exception and told avg to ignore it but it keeps being detected. I had to disable the identity protection for it to run with no problems.

mostunknown
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: AVG Detects as identity threat and moves to vault

Post by mostunknown » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:49 pm

mostunknown wrote:This keeps happening and avg keeps moving it to the vault. I set an exception and told avg to ignore it but it keeps being detected. I had to disable the identity protection for it to run with no problems.
Inner Space program is what im referring to.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 pm

AVG will re-scan it when Inner Space is updated. If you're on the development build of Inner Space, this will happen more often than if you're on the normal build (this is an option in the Patcher window).

I'm working on getting a certificate to add a digital signature to my software, which will prevent these false positive heuristic detections from antivirus software

mostunknown
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by mostunknown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:26 am

ok, for now i will run with identity protection disabled. :(

Question, when a virus gets moved to the avg vault, i think there is an option to send to avg for an evaluation. Should i send it or just wait for the cert?

Only had the program for one day (on the trial) havent been able to do anything yet but i think i got everything setup to play. Im loving it already. :D

CyberTech
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by CyberTech » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 pm

mostunknown wrote:ok, for now i will run with identity protection disabled. :(

Question, when a virus gets moved to the avg vault, i think there is an option to send to avg for an evaluation. Should i send it or just wait for the cert?

Only had the program for one day (on the trial) havent been able to do anything yet but i think i got everything setup to play. Im loving it already. :D
If you submit it, and mark it as either "I trust this", or "false positive", or whatever other language they might have, it will help get it removed from AVG detection sooner.

You can also try the steps here: http://kb.avg.com/articles/en_US/How_to ... ng?l=en_US to disable scanning of the Innerspace directories. This may or may not work, depending on the type of detection that is being triggered.