Marvel Heroes Shift-Key Issue

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

CynicalSaint
GamingTools Subscriber

Marvel Heroes Shift-Key Issue

Post by CynicalSaint » Wed May 28, 2014 7:30 am

Hi folks.

I have been using ISBoxer with Marvel Heroes for a few weeks without any issue. Gazillion dropped a patch (2.47, I believe) and suddenly my right shift key no longer functions properly while playing with InnerSpace.

The best way to describe the issue is to say it seems as though my right shift key is sticking. After the first time I press right shift after Marvel Heroes loads, shift will activate and deactivate seemingly at random.

I thought my shift key was actually sticking at first. The problem persisted after stripping down and thoroughly cleaning my keyboard. I then checked to be sure right shift operates correctly in other programs. It does. Finally, I tried running Marvel Heroes without InnerSpace and the right shift functions properly. As soon as I run Marvel Heroes with InnerSpace, the problem occurs.

I'm guessing this is something simple I am overlooking as a relatively new user. I have not changed any of the settings since I began using IS (during the trial, actually) and did not have any problems until that patch.

Does anyone have a similar experience or advice?

Thanks!

CynicalSaint
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by CynicalSaint » Wed May 28, 2014 7:32 am

My apologies. I'm talking about the left shift key, not the right shift key.

Coffee... friend...

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed May 28, 2014 8:21 am

Generally with ISBoxer issues (anything relating to ISBoxer use, even if it's technically an Inner Space bug) we prefer to handle these over on the isboxer.com forums, but that's okay

The first thing I would check in your configuration is that your Character Set has "Make game believe it is foreground window" applied. To find this, select your Character Set in the top left pane, then it's a check box in the bottom right pane.

Other than that, unless you have set Shift (itself) as a Hotkey in ISBoxer I don't think there is anything else that you might have misconfigured.

You can show me your configuration and I can help look -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

CynicalSaint
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by CynicalSaint » Wed May 28, 2014 9:48 am

Again, I apologize. I must have overlooked the ISBoxer forum. Still, thanks for helping me out here.

This is my configuration.

Today was the first I opened ISBoxer in a few weeks, but play through IS all the time. I even play through IS when I'm not multiboxing because I love having easy control of my display. It's fantastic!

Thanks again for your time.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 am

Your ISBoxer configuration looks fine. I will have to patch up my copy of Marvel Heroes and see if I get the same issue

nyder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by nyder » Thu May 29, 2014 8:56 pm

I play Marvel Heroes thru innerspace, not using isxboxer, just a single session, and sometime in the last month so update messed things up with the game.

I find that it hits H and uses my health quite a bit during the game, in fact I thought they made it so your team up uses your health packs, not the case.

Not right away, but probably after playing a bit, enter start putting me in fullscreen mode, then back to window mode, making me think it has ALT stuck.

I will get a weird shit thing going on where keys start going cApitalized liKe ThiS. Really annoying.

If i load the game up normal, don't have these problems.

CynicalSaint
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by CynicalSaint » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:31 am

It's a shame someone else is experiencing something similar, but I'm glad I'm not crazy. I haven't tried since the Anniversary update yesterday, but I'll give it a go a little later. I was hoping the issue resolved itself. Thanks for posting.

CynicalSaint
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by CynicalSaint » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:34 am

Nevermind! Lax resolved the issue! Thanks bud.

nyder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by nyder » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Actually issue isn't totally resolved.

If typing is chat and I use my shift key, possible not right away, but after using it a bit, then it's like the shift key gets stuck and I"m only typing in capaital letters.

Doesn't happen in any other game, doens't happen in marvel heroes if i load it normal.

Let me know if I can provide anything to help you with this issue.

thanks