Can Inner Space affect typing outside of games?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

morwic
GamingTools Subscriber

Can Inner Space affect typing outside of games?

Post by morwic » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:08 am

Yesterday, when I was trying to compose a reply to my other post, I thought I needed to buy a new keyboard. Some keys sporadically refused to work, particularly upper case shifted keys, though others were not immune. I would keep banging on the key, windows would pop up the "sticky keys" prompt (until I turned that off) and eventually the character would show up. It also seemed that there was some sort of intermittent "lag" effect, making it difficult to type fast.

This morning I exited Inner Space which had been running for a while in the task bar.

And now my keyboard is miraculously healed, working smoothly.

Not conclusive. But suspicious. Am I being silly or is it possible that Inner Space was causing my problem? Could this be related to the duplicated broadcast keys glitch that I mentioned in that other post?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:37 am

Am I being silly or is it possible that Inner Space was causing my problem?
It's possible that it was related, but probably not the cause. Inner Space doesn't affect the keyboard in other processes unless you have set up a global Hotkey (e.g. by using the "globalbind" command). But, it's possible that some other program loaded a DLL in Inner Space that was causing the problem. Or Inner Space could possibly have been using up a lot of CPU and causing strange behavior, but not likely...
Could this be related to the duplicated broadcast keys glitch that I mentioned in that other post?
Possible but I would say not likely? If the uplink was being slow for some reason it could have resulted in a broadcasted release of the key being ever-so-slightly delayed, leading to the "a" being held too long.