Innerspace cannot connect through a VPN.

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

blacklyche
GamingTools Subscriber

Innerspace cannot connect through a VPN.

Post by blacklyche » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:59 am

Hey, I need to use Innerspace via a VPN. I have a couple of VPN subscriptions running, both for premium services and they provide decent connectivity out of China where I am located to game servers around the world (notably Eve Online).

However, Innerspace refuses to start when the VPN is tunneling all my apps. I have tried allowing it to start normally and then just tunneling the game but this also throws out an error (fail to initialize -14).

I havnt had any issues with any other software connecting outside of China using these VPN's.

Is there some solution to this issue ?

blacklyche
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by blacklyche » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:07 am

Oh.. just to be clear, without the VPN running, Innerspace and ISBoxer works perfectly however, the connection is not good enough to reliably run Eve Online.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 am

There's actually a fair number of people using Inner Space and ISBoxer through VPNs.

I can't be certain why it would be failing for you in particular, but I imagine it has something to do with the VPN itself or the provider...

blacklyche
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by blacklyche » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:24 am

This is happening through two different VPN's which makes me wonder what is happening. It seems to be unable to create a connection to the license server.

I am using Astrill and StrongVPN. Same thing is happening on both. Might it be a setting I have within those that is doing this ? Or something in Windows ? This is driving me crazy at the moment.

Could anyone let me know of a VPN that is being successfully used with Innerspace currently so I could trial that and see if the problem is persisting ?

blacklyche
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by blacklyche » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:50 am

I have trialled PandaPow and found it to operate correctly.

Thanks for the info Lax.