Problem launching EVE Online after a reinstall

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Problem launching EVE Online after a reinstall

Post by Snape » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 am

I had to reinstall OS (Win7 64bit) on one of my two comps after hdd crash. Reinstalled IS as well. Though, after I've added EVE Online main executable (exefile.exe) and set up sequences, a problem popped up: IS correctly executes pre-startup, correctly launches the game, but looks like it doesn't hook into it (doesn't consider EVE its "child" process) - there is no FPS meter (and it can't be shown by Ctrl-Alt-F), no console, and it can't be opened (even though it's correctly bound to "`" key), it doesn't execute startup sequence and so on. What can be done about it? Is there any troubleshooting guide?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm

If you don't have ISBoxer installed, download it now. Then get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from its Help menu; since the game is not actually crashing, get me these diagnostics from the running EVE instance that you have launched through IS (the instructions otherwise say to launch it without IS)

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Ahh, it seems I've just installed a wrong DX version :) ISBoxer have installed the correct one, and IS started to work smoothly from that moment. Too bad IS installation doesn't have the same DX check as ISBoxer does... Well, this way or that, problem solved, thanks bunch!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Inner Space does check, each time you launch it actually, but the ISBoxer installer just automatically downloads and installs the DXWEBSETUP to refresh it anyway.

Snape
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Snape » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Funny... so IS did the check, failed it, but never logged that, nor suggested me to install a newer version %) or I didn't notice it somehow?